BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
LeoBurr
6MT Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Thumbs up Just got my Bimmertech/Focal setup calibrated

Figured I'd share this in case anyone was interested - I've got a Bimmertech/Helix Amp/DSP in my 135 along with a pair of Focal IFBMW-S, IFBMW-Subs, and some Focal 100CA1s on the rear shelf.

Trying to find a shop who'd actually calibrate it using a pro RTA with decent experience has been difficult. Fortunately, I've had great prior experience with AccucalHD calibrating my home theater projector/7.1 audio as well as a few Sony XBR calibrations for me. They're very well-known and reviewed for their work on modest to super-high-end home theaters on the AVSForums. Since I couldn't get the car sounding good enough myself, even with a calibrated Microphone, I asked if they could do the work, and they said they could. Jeff Meier, the owner, travels across the country on tours - It took me 3 months to get him here again, but he did a phenomenal job with his Sencore audio analyzer and other equipment to get the car sounding amazing.

If anyone out there needs a car setup calibrated but doesn't have a reputable shop/audio guru nearby to handle it, I highly recommend Jeff. It took us ~2.5 hours or so to get it right, but he said that now that he's worked with the Helix, he could likely do it in less. He also mentioned that the Bimmertech amp was one of the better car audio amp/dsps he's run across.

I received no discount for posting here - I'm just genuinely happy with his work and wanted to share a really sweet calibration option with other folks here who need someone to come to them.

http://www.accucalav.com/
Attached Images