BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

CCC-NBT housing help

I am going to try doing a CCC- NBT

i think i have most stuff figured out, except, one... this one is a bit tricky. so i wold need som help of u guys and girls.

To go from CCC that has the flipflop one, sems to be a pain in the as.
I wold be so much easier if my car had CIC.

I trying to understand, the housing of the cic, if its the same as in E90 E60 and so one. if not... i may have to rethink over all of this.

I need to get my hand on a CIC 8,8" housing, and that seams to be a rare part. i have found some aftermarket once, but they are only 7"

can any one help me out?

i can buy it new... but its soooo expensive... around 2000Dollar, + allt the otherstuff, so think it will end around 4000dollar, and i can have more fun then just buy a housing for 2000...

Last edited by berne; 11-13-2016 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Your post prompted me to double check the cost of the nav screen and you're right. $2000 I just had my nav screen and external housing replaced. The rubberized coating on the front bezel was peeling up and the dealer replaced the entire assembly under warranty. It's crazy BMW is charging that much for a screen and also not being able to buy the outer housing separately from the screen. It sort of makes sense when I had the nav screen/housing out of the dash during the install of the Bimmertech backup camera retrofit. I tried to figure out if I could separate the halves of the housing and couldn't do it without forcing the halves apart. Glad I didn't attempt doing this and left the housing alone.

It's too bad I couldn't keep the old part. I would have sold it to you for a fraction of the cost of it new.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Your post prompted me to double check the cost of the nav screen and you're right. $2000 I just had my nav screen and external housing replaced. The rubberized coating on the front bezel was peeling up and the dealer replaced the entire assembly under warranty. It's crazy BMW is charging that much for a screen and also not being able to buy the outer housing separately from the screen. It sort of makes sense when I had the nav screen/housing out of the dash during the install of the Bimmertech backup camera retrofit. I tried to figure out if I could separate the halves of the housing and couldn't do it without forcing the halves apart. Glad I didn't attempt doing this and left the housing alone.

It's too bad I couldn't keep the old part. I would have sold it to you for a fraction of the cost of it new.
ye.. its rely expensive, and rely rare to find. To bad u don't have it

i have found aftermarket once, but they are 7"... i have tryd to contact them3-5times but nerver got reply... think if they can make a 8.8" or give me the the name of the compey that makes them.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by berne View Post
ye.. its rely expensive, and rely rare to find. To bad u don't have it

i have found aftermarket once, but they are 7"... i have tryd to contact them3-5times but nerver got reply... think if they can make a 8.8" or give me the the name of the compey that makes them.
I don't know if this helps, but the 8.8" screen is made by Alpine as there was an Alpine sticker on the back of the screen when I was working on it. Don't remember if there was anything resembling an Alpine part number or not. Problem you're going to run into is even if you're able to source the screen for much cheaper than BMW OEM, you're still going to have an issue finding the outer plastic housing to make the install look factory. I don't know if you're willing to do a custom housing or not.

ETA: Just remembered I did take a picture of the back side of the screen as part of my back up camera install write up. You can see the Alpine sticker at the bottom edge of the screen. Had I known someone might need more label information, I would have taken more detailed pictures of the labels.

Last edited by zx10guy; 11-14-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 03:09 AM   #5
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if this helps, but the 8.8" screen is made by Alpine as there was an Alpine sticker on the back of the screen when I was working on it. Don't remember if there was anything resembling an Alpine part number or not. Problem you're going to run into is even if you're able to source the screen for much cheaper than BMW OEM, you're still going to have an issue finding the outer plastic housing to make the install look factory. I don't know if you're willing to do a custom housing or not.

ETA: Just remembered I did take a picture of the back side of the screen as part of my back up camera install write up. You can see the Alpine sticker at the bottom edge of the screen. Had I known someone might need more label information, I would have taken more detailed pictures of the labels.

Thanks, I have send them mail, to see if they can get me one

IHOP they can, otherwise, it will be to expensive.
And u can't buy the housing from BMW, it comes withe the screen
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
berne
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:

do u or can u take some more phont of the screen, think if i can bulid somting by my self, i saw another on, but a F15 scrren in a E70.. but need to see how its looking before, and so i know what stuff i need to get to try bulid somting.

regards
Appreciate 0