BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

LCI Headlight 'Eyebrows'

Hello!

Couldn't seem to find any threads on this. The eyebrow at the top of the headlight casing for my passenger side has stopped working. This is the horizontal LED/light strip on LCI headlights.

Is this a simple fix? Or do I need to bring it in and have someone/dealer look at it?

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I'm confident in doing 'simple' stuff. For example, I changed out the cabin air filter no problem by myself last week! LOL!

Thanks,
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
jonsno
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

hey buddy. not the best answer I know but figured I'd respond. All I know is that these headlights are complicated AF, and unless its something simple like a bulb or fuse being out its prob worth bringing in to BMW or anyone local who does headlight work. I know a lot of companies have popped up who make aftermarket lighting systems and have pretty knowledgeable installers so they would be the ones to help you out but i would steer on the side of caution and not doing yourself unless you're comfortable baking the headlight and disassemble and reassembling. I know I might be to soon to jump the gun but hopefully someone with better knowledge can take a swing at this one...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsno View Post
hey buddy. not the best answer I know but figured I'd respond. All I know is that these headlights are complicated AF, and unless its something simple like a bulb or fuse being out its prob worth bringing in to BMW or anyone local who does headlight work. I know a lot of companies have popped up who make aftermarket lighting systems and have pretty knowledgeable installers so they would be the ones to help you out but i would steer on the side of caution and not doing yourself unless you're comfortable baking the headlight and disassemble and reassembling. I know I might be to soon to jump the gun but hopefully someone with better knowledge can take a swing at this one...
hey jonsno, thanks for the reply! i'll have my BMW dealer take a look at it the net time i bring it in for service.
Appreciate 0