BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
1sonnyM
Rep
Drives: 1M

Speed limit warning coding

Hi guys,

I previously posted this thread in the DIY section of the 1 series but did not get any answer yet so I was thinking I could be a bit more lucky here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631663

Let me know guys. It's bugging me quite a bit.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
1sonnyM
Rep
Drives: 1M

Have done it!

I had given up a couple of months ago (much rather drive the car!). Could not find the right package, I was not properly also, hihi... but decided to have a go at it again today. And I've done it: I successfully coded out this annoying speed limit warning using ncsexpert!

Just a recap: In Dubai, new cars have this mandatory speed limit warning at 120 km/h. On the 1M if you listen to music a tad loud, the DONG is kinda crazy even though it's adjusted to the minimum in the Idrive menu.

Back to my story...
The few seconds wait while the s/w was re-programming my ECU may have been the most stressful moment I've had in a while
First time coding so you know... I was just hoping the car would start after!!! But it did and all is good!! And no more DONNGGG!!

Anybody in the same situation let me know, I could send you the correct package for the e82.

Back to driving!!
Appreciate 0