BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Cobb v2 input

Hello everyone

Just finally installed my Cobb AP v2 loaded up with stage 2 I'd like to get it protuned.

Any further advice on tuning with the following current mods:

Meisterschaft rear
AR downpipes catless
N55 mid

Future mods
Wagner FMIC

Thanks
CF Spoiler w/the IND Touch.Elec Perf Wheel V2.6K Angel.Meisterschaft GT Gloss Black.AR DP.SLEK CF Front Spoiler.N55 Mid.Cust Mirror Caps.12mm Spacers.20%3M Tint.Clear Bra.IND Side Markers.OEM Perf Grills. Cobb AP Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
FMIC should be the first mod before the Cobb. No point getting a pro tune until you get a FMIC. DP's should have been your final mod.

I highly recommend PTF for pro tuning on Cobb. Excellent results & service
The DPs and what not were able to be purchased at the time wagner is on deck next.... PTF needs the car on site though correct?
CF Spoiler w/the IND Touch.Elec Perf Wheel V2.6K Angel.Meisterschaft GT Gloss Black.AR DP.SLEK CF Front Spoiler.N55 Mid.Cust Mirror Caps.12mm Spacers.20%3M Tint.Clear Bra.IND Side Markers.OEM Perf Grills. Cobb AP Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
RaceTruk
Major
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesCoupe View Post
The DPs and what not were able to be purchased at the time wagner is on deck next.... PTF needs the car on site though correct?
no you can do whats called an E-tune where you send them logs.
check out brentuning.
they are a new sponsor on this site and they have been putting great numbers up.
with cobb OTS maps, they up the boost heavily on the +FMIC maps.
you should get an FMIC and try those maps before you decide if you really want to spend the money.
i had my protuner check my logs and he couldnt fidn too many tweaks besides fixing throttle closure i was seeing on the stage2+FMIC map i had, but that was tweaked many times by COBB as the OTS werent made for my x5.
i got an E30 map made and its great though
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

If you don't have one already, you should also put a good aftermarket charge pipe in there before it pops or cracks.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
If you don't have one already, you should also put a good aftermarket charge pipe in there before it pops or cracks.
Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesCoupe View Post
Any recommendations?
Get one that uses the stock C-clip as the attachment to the throttle body (instead of a silicone hose with clamps).

I have one made by Evolution Racewerks and it fits very securely.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep

Wagner due to the good reviews I've seen along with the complete plug and play as I do not want to cut anything on the 1M.

So your thoughts upgrade the charge pipe along with DV get a fmic and then do e-tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #8
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
With a pro tune if you change hardware, you typically have to get the pro-tune adjusted again. E.g. I don't have DP's, so if I now added DP's I would have to get a new PTF e-tune.

IMO, Forge & ETS are the best no-trim FMIC options. ETS have has a huge amount of test data http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...tercooler.html
What about the HPF? I am planning on swapping it over from my 135 to the 1M, I like the fact that is uses the factory style (billet) quick disconnect c-clip couplers. It fit perfect w/o cutting. Maybe I will sell it and try something new if there is trimming involved.

5.75" tall X 7" deep
815 cubic in of cooling (factory-435 cubic in)

I second PTF for the E-Tune
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

PTF or Bren Tuning. Can't go wrong with either.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #10
Roadsterdoc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Porsche996TT 69Datsun2000

Wagner FMIC required no alterations whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 04:53 AM   #11
Narek
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: AW 1M (MH1 S)

I've been in touch with PTF the past week everyday (made an order, incorrectly, payed, they had to refund, then ordered again) and I can recommend them sheerly in terms of customer service - havent tried the tune YET!

Two thumbs up for the service!
Performance: Manhart Stage 4 Tune (+ CF Airbox, FMIC, Oil Cooler), Akra Titanium Full Exhaust + cat delete, Manhart Headers, cp-e CP, HKS BOV, Quaife Helical Diff, CDV Delete.
Appreciate 0