BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
Epsilons
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Service Reset : Front Brake won't reset above 4500km / 100% remaining lifespan

Hey there, my car is a 2009 128i (E82) and their is no fault code stored in the memory, I checked with the full version of Carly and found no error whatsoever.

Problem is, I recently did a brake job on all 4 corners (disks + pads + pad wear sensors).

Then went ahead and tried to reset the brake service (front and rear).
- Rear go just fine and reset to 36020 km / 100% remaining lifespan.
- Front is what cause me issue, the reset will give me 100% remaining lifespan but only 4460km (as per the Carly app information) but my ODO show 4500km.

I've read that if I reset the brake too many times in a row without doing mileage with it, the computer think brakes worn pretty fast so it set a lower value by default.

How can I tell the car NOT to do this ? Is it possible to enter a custom value like 30 000km or something in those ballpark?

It's very annoying because on average, 2 days after I reset the front brake service (around 160km driven with the car), the red brake light come up again in ODO and the red car on lift come up again in the on-board computer display.

The car been doing this nonsense for 2-weeks in a row now.

Tried literally everything. New sensors, jumping the sensor (soldering the 2-wires together to let the computer think the sensor is brand new because the circuit is complete with 100% current). Service reset with Carly. Service reset with ODO / BC button. Nothing work, car always reset my front brake to only 4500km.

What gives? Any solution?
Please send help, thanks.

ODO 4500 KM left :

CARLY service reset screenshot :
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
CrownGlass
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008, 335d 2011

I had a problem like this once - needed to reset on Carly and also reset via steering column stalk controls in service menu.
Appreciate 0