05-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Decisions. decisions.

Hi,
as most of you are aware that i have sold my old AW 1M, which i end up in regretting .. but that's just life.

so right now having my prize possesion. the gullwing and also the highway destroyer the m5, it makes me wonder, that i'm living with two big powered cars. and not to say they are boring, but they are a blast to drive, different in each of their own. but untill this day i can still say, i miss the 6mt, i miss the small body, i miss the fun and the feeling of being rare and special.

as a matter of fact, after a while having time to think, i ended up to found a VO 1M (just the color i wanted if im going to buy another 1M), with low miles and also pure stock conditions - actually there are two, but one is to be said with akrapovic and carbon mirror caps - but i know that if i'm going to have this car again i'm going to keep it stock and keep it no matter what happens (finger crossed - cant help with the mod bug)

having both cars powered by v8 (aware of NA and Turbo difference), dual clutch transmission, my favourites of both cars are the transmission of the m5, the engine of both cars and the lightness, agileness, braking stability of the SLS. OH THE DOORS!!
i finally able to settle my mind of trading in the M5 and get back the 1M, feeling that my self i need a car that is manual, small and had just enough power to have a blast for my daily commute.
i dont really need the space in the M5, i dont have a family yet, the only person who will be seating in the passenger seat is my GF.

So basically the thoughts is that there will always be anothe new, better, cooler m5 in the future, but there will be no 1M anymore nor the M2 can replace its place.

i know this is a little bit biased place to ask..
but hearing my gf giving a green light for me,
also knowing the fact that i could minimize the M5's depreciation value ( i know 1m is going to hold better value) also will still left me some more cash to keep.

is this a go or no go?
i miss it, and i know that i have to own it again. i just know that this is a very special car! *note to 1M drivers, your car is a very special car!, i repeat its a very special car!

p.s. sorry to make you guys have to hear my story, just feel i need to share with my pals!

cheers,

Last edited by Jay-K; 05-07-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
godzilla-1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Hi

I cant believe your even still looking, do it!!!!!
may i suggest you go for the one with the akraprovik exhaust as it costs a fortune and is THE exhaust to have. There is a stock system on ebay at the moment bag that too and you have the bits to still sell the car as stock one day!!!!!!!!
Not that you will ever sell it going by how much you have missed your first one, I know it will be tough to ever let mine go as it ticks so many boxes for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

You are loosing precious time by asking this on the Forum

By the way, 100% stock 1M is not what a 1M should be to begin with, correct the few weaknesses of the stock car with a few careful-tested and approved mods to enjoy it to the fullest (a nice exhaust w/stock dps, good stock size tires, CDV delete, camber plates for a bit more camber up front and a few cosmetic bits of your selection to make the car look fit for your taste etc.) These won't cost you a fortune and will be easily returnable to stock. None will have any downsides whatsoever, few people will ever notice that your car is not fully stock too.

Take the VO too!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
mcx_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe, 991 50th edition

DO IT!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
mcx_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

VO is faster too!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

do it. seeing your posts, nothing else will fill the void the 1M left.

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

You already know the answer to this question.

Do what feels right and you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
Simon1M
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M White

Go for it! - You only live once; make the most of it!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
BUY IT. why are you even wasting time posting, man!! :P

i hope you kept the blue wheels. blue wheels on a VO 1M would look craaaaaaaaaaazy. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Go for it! I would definitely trade the M5 though, instead of the SLS. Not that the M5 is undesirable, it's just that the SLS possesses that same exclusivity due to its' rarity just like the 1M. The SLS is the only car made in recent years by Mercedes that I absolutely love. I am afraid if you got rid of the SLS for the 1M instead of the M5 you would experience another bout of seller's remorse.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #11
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla-1 View Post
I cant believe your even still looking, do it!!!!!
may i suggest you go for the one with the akraprovik exhaust as it costs a fortune and is THE exhaust to have. There is a stock system on ebay at the moment bag that too and you have the bits to still sell the car as stock one day!!!!!!!!
Not that you will ever sell it going by how much you have missed your first one, I know it will be tough to ever let mine go as it ticks so many boxes for me.
LOL you want to know something better?
it comes complete with the stock as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
You are loosing precious time by asking this on the Forum

By the way, 100% stock 1M is not what a 1M should be to begin with, correct the few weaknesses of the stock car with a few careful-tested and approved mods to enjoy it to the fullest (a nice exhaust w/stock dps, good stock size tires, CDV delete, camber plates for a bit more camber up front and a few cosmetic bits of your selection to make the car look fit for your taste etc.) These won't cost you a fortune and will be easily returnable to stock. None will have any downsides whatsoever, few people will ever notice that your car is not fully stock too.

Take the VO too!
I know, mod bug kills.
its just that for some reason, i came back again and have to be ready, i wont have that 2 car 1100 hp garage any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcx_ View Post
DO IT!
If everything goes as planned, permits, yes we are going to have to baby back!

Quote:
VO is faster too!
oh boy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
do it. seeing your posts, nothing else will fill the void the 1M left.
actually our recent pick up of MINI Cooper S sortha fit the small and fun, but again still it is not a 1M.. it is not a 1M..
but it is currently mostly driven by my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
You already know the answer to this question.

yup,...." dont think to much, dont consider too much... just get the baby M!"

Do what feels right and you won't regret it.
Yes, well again, the posibilties of having regret selling the 560 hp 4 big transporter is stilll theree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980sm View Post
Go for it! - You only live once; make the most of it!
yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post

i hope you kept the blue wheels. blue wheels on a VO 1M would look craaaaaaaaaaazy. lol
Nope sold them already!!
but the person is still wanting me to get it back.. but currently i dont have anycar with that wheels spec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E821M View Post
Go for it! I would definitely trade the M5 though, instead of the SLS. Not that the M5 is undesirable, it's just that the SLS possesses that same exclusivity due to its' rarity just like the 1M. The SLS is the only car made in recent years by Mercedes that I absolutely love. I am afraid if you got rid of the SLS for the 1M instead of the M5 you would experience another bout of seller's remorse.
Yes, the SLS, eventhough its not an M, it is a very special car, took them 50 years after the 300sl to finally be able to repeat their success,

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES GUYS!, always feels like home!
      05-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #12
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
VO is faster too!
Agree and GO FOR it..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #13
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
1M anonymous thread... lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #14
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

You must want it enough to keep thinking about it.

Looks like you have the dash a& the cash...what r u waiting for
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #15
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
If you buy another 1M you may just be faced with the same reasoning to sell it in a few months time as you did with your 1st 1M. IMO get something new/different such as an M4, Boss 302, Cayman S etc
nope,
wouldnt trade down the m5 for anything other than 1M right now,, not even the M4 lolll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Agree and GO FOR it..
love the approvals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
1M anonymous thread... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
You must want it enough to keep thinking about it.

Looks like you have the dash a& the cash...what r u waiting for
still making sure doing everything the right thing,
people will think i kept downgrading my cars,
but really honestly its a pain in the ass to take car 3-4 cars at a time.
      05-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #16
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

its just that i know there is a price to pay,
resale value of my M5 right now is already down as well..
moreover switching to another car that is 'cheaper in price' only... but they are not cheaper in my eyes.
      05-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #17
godzilla-1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Ian your on drugs

A boss 302, or a caymann S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are not even half the car that the 1M is for so many reasons. A caymann R is nearly there but still not got that status that the 1M has claimed i was looking for a 997 gt2 but whilst struggling to find a nice white example i bought my 1M, the money was literally burning a hole in my pocket and now im hooked and ive settled on the fact that i can do anything and everything in the 1M and for half the price!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #18
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
A boss 302, or a caymann S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are not even half the car that the 1M is for so many reasons. A caymann R is nearly there but still not got that status that the 1M has claimed i was looking for a 997 gt2 but whilst struggling to find a nice white example i bought my 1M, the money was literally burning a hole in my pocket and now im hooked and ive settled on the fact that i can do anything and everything in the 1M and for half the price!!!!!!
+1 on your point.
the 1M is just a car where i can do everything, go anywhere, park anywhere and i love it that way. i can't do that with the gullwing. nor the M5 is sometimes to big to park with…
      05-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #19
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
VO is faster too!
dude btw, is that porsche 911 50th edition?

still i also wish i could own a 911 c2s is good enough for me!
      05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #20
mcx_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K
Quote:
VO is faster too!
dude btw, is that porsche 911 50th edition?

still i also wish i could own a 911 c2s is good enough for me!
Yes indeed. 2 ltd editions. I do find it hard to choose what to drive
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI

Blue and orange ARE Complementary colors.

Go Denver Broncos !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #22
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K
Quote:
+1 on your point.
the 1M is just a car where i can do everything, go anywhere, park anywhere and i love it that way. i can't do that with the gullwing. nor the M5 is sometimes to big to park with
This is a no brainer.

Sell the depreciating asset that is difficult to park in the M5 and get back to the limited edition 1M that thrilled you.

It's always depressing to see when guys indicate that they are making car decisions based on a girlfriend/spouse or significant other when generally the SO probably won't be around long and typically really doesn't have a financial interest and probably will never even do anything but sit in the right seat of the car.

When I bought my 1M my WIFE was dead set against it. I applied for the loan on my own and Did European delivery ( she actually refused to consider euro delivery trip up until the day I bought the plane tickets ) and we went and she has bought 3 BMWs since then. We have also since divorced!

So. Where the hell would I be now if I had listened to what she wanted ? Yep, you guessed it, i would be posting about how I missed out on one of the best M cars ever and complaining about the high price of finding one in the market today.

I also would have missed out on a ton of driving pleasure.
Appreciate 0