BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #1
flybywyre337
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E88 (N55)

Tapping into battery with relay error

I installed a rearview camera using a relay tapping into the battery for a constant 12V source. Camera works but am getting a right break light malfunction (!) indicator. Brake light works fine tho and when I read error codes with bimmergeeks protools nothing comes up. Anyone have experience tapping into the battery? I read on an e90 forum that BMW doesn’t like this and it may throw an error, but the post was vague about what that error might be. Thanks. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this before running a wire to the fuse box instead and trying that.

2012 BMW 135i E88
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 08:33 AM   #2
cometman
Rep
Drives: e82 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybywyre337 View Post
I installed a rearview camera using a relay tapping into the battery for a constant 12V source. Camera works but am getting a right break light malfunction (!) indicator. Brake light works fine tho and when I read error codes with bimmergeeks protools nothing comes up. Anyone have experience tapping into the battery? I read on an e90 forum that BMW doesn’t like this and it may throw an error, but the post was vague about what that error might be. Thanks. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this before running a wire to the fuse box instead and trying that.

2012 BMW 135i E88
you can code that whit icarly to not check specific light and you will not get errors, but the problem is if the brake light doesnt work you will not know about it.

also having trouble getting my rearview camera to get image, i tapped the camera to the reverse light wire but i cant get any image. do know what to do, i even passed a direct wire to the battery and still cant get image, waiting on a new camera, this one could be broken.
Appreciate 0