BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Do I need a Combox for Bluetooth streaming?

Ok, I've been looking around for a while now but can't get a straight answer from any of the previous threads...

I got a 2011 135i w/ Nav package and etc. But, it was built in late August of 2010. Just before the 9/10 switch. It's still got a N55 engine and DCT, but it has all the Pre-LCI cosmetics.

I do have CIC software on the Nav, but I can't find any of the Software update options or anything. BMW's website also offers no firmware update as well.

This basically leads me to believe that I got one of the weird cars where they put the old Nav/Bluetooth firmware into it...

I guess the question is that does anyone know if there's any chance that they put the new Nav hardware and the old firmware where I would just need to get a firmware from the BMW dealership? or would I still need to buy the combox set-up in order to get the bluetooth streaming and etc that's available on all the other 2011 N55 based 135i?
Appreciate 0