BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #67
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ForAll View Post
Wow I can't believe you guys are taking someone else design and implementing it as your own. The guy that made that PS is Luis aka ///OSS, I know he would not be too happy with this, and neither would I, if this was my PS.
Luis is a long time friend and customer of ours - however, we did not know that this was his photoshop.

Also, we are not "implementing" it as our own at all. We are doing design sketches to play around with a concept. IF the time comes where this design will be integrated into a product, we would of course obtain permission where necessary.

JL
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #68
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Jlevi SW View Post
Luis is a long time friend and customer of ours - however, we did not know that this was his photoshop.

Also, we are not "implementing" it as our own at all. We are doing design sketches to play around with a concept. If the time comes where this design will be integrated into a product, we would of course obtain permission where necessary.

JL
Luis is also a long time personal friend, and I am just looking out for him, as he does not come on this forum much. I am all for what you are trying to do, but I was not going to see Luis potentially get burned.

Good luck with the project and hopefully the design comes out good!
      08-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #69
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ForAll View Post
Luis is also a long time personal friend, and I am just looking out for him, as he does not come on this forum much. I am all for what you are trying to do, but I was not going to see Luis potentially get burned.

Good luck with the project and hopefully the design comes out good!

and they didnt steal his design btw, they asked for design ideas and some one on the forum decided to post the pic and everyone agreed
its a good design, but its just a PS

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #70
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
and they didnt steal his design btw, they asked for design ideas and some one on the forum decided to post the pic and everyone agreed
its a good design, but its just a PS
Opinions are like belly buttons. Let me know when you create something...
      08-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #71
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

'Photoshopping' something, by definition, is not creating in the real sense of the word. It is taking someone else's creation and altering it into a derivative work.

The only intellectual property is the derivative work, which in this case is a digital image. If someone were trying to sell that digital image as their own the person who did the photoshop could "potentially get burned."

Taking a digital image and making a carbon fiber hood out of it goes far beyond the intellectual property of the person who made the derivative work.

Thousands of aftermarket parts are inspired by photochops, if you think the photoshoppers somehow acquire ownership rights to those products you are crazy. Can you imagine that world? We would all be billionare sketch artists...

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #72
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Maybe this hood was in the works by ///OSS.......
It really doesn't matter. I was just expressing my concern. I am not trying to hate on JLevi or Vorsteiner, and I hope the project comes of as a success.:headbang:
And thanks, I'm not crazy, at least that is what my puppet friend says....
      08-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #73
Hi.Spec
Rep
Drives: 335i

i would like the booser style hood with just the center vent, no side vents. better yet would be just the booser cf hood with no vents, its a nice subtle change nothing too drastic.

no power dome or ram air scoops please.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #74
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

boser
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #75
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

i don't like the eylid design from the PS - it looks good from that 3/4 angle, but head on it doesn't. Also, it evokes the pre facelift e90, the design of which i cannot stand. I think the best place for inspiration for the hood would be to look at the stock e92 hood (non m3 - hate that hump), with its tight lines. I would skip all the vents. Its a bmw, it should be understated and subtle like the classic, pre-bangled bimmers.

Also, i don't understand - the hood will cover part of the headlights? how will it be a tight seal with the glass of the headlights?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #76
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Well it wouldn't necessarily have to be tight on the headlights. It just needs a lip that fits tight to where the OE hood would normally sit, and the metal would essentially extend forward from there.
      08-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #77
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Would painted hoods and/or partially painted hoods be an option?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #78
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Well it wouldn't necessarily have to be tight on the headlights. It just needs a lip that fits tight to where the OE hood would normally sit, and the metal would essentially extend forward from there.
i'm not picutring it, wouldn't it look like a piece of the hood is sticking out then, say from the side?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #79
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
Would painted hoods and/or partially painted hoods be an option?
We won't offer these prepainted as with such large panels, it's best to have a local body shop match your car's specific paint fade and fresh paint on such a large piece can be easily damaged during transit. We can ship smaller painted parts like spoilers, grills and door lock covers no problem but for larger items, it's best to have it done locally.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #80
Abel_135
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

are you thinking about doing a hood like the new m3 for the 135i i think it would look more muscular and aggresive
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #81
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
We won't offer these prepainted as with such large panels, it's best to have a local body shop match your car's specific paint fade and fresh paint on such a large piece can be easily damaged during transit. We can ship smaller painted parts like spoilers, grills and door lock covers no problem but for larger items, it's best to have it done locally.
That is definitely understandable and I agree with you not a good idea to ship a painted product that large.

Could a rough time frame for production -> shipment be given? Not looking for a specific date just wondering if late this year or early next year is a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #82
GQ 135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Any updates?
      09-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #83
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
That is definitely understandable and I agree with you not a good idea to ship a painted product that large.

Could a rough time frame for production -> shipment be given? Not looking for a specific date just wondering if late this year or early next year is a possibility.
*bump*
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #84
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Working with the Vorsteiner Production Team on the final design, once we have that info...we'll have a better estimate for completion.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #85
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

updates?
      09-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #86
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

This is slated to be ready for early next year. We'll be working closely with Vorsteiner to produce one of the first completed 1's with the Vorsteiner package.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #87
BMWTT135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i MT

I like the second sketch. Eyelids are a must. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Jlevi SW View Post
Here are some sketches based on that photoshop...

So now we have:
-2 Vent Styles
-3 Eyelid Styles (one is without eyelids)

This makes a total of 6 possible combinations I passed 3rd grade math
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #88
raolc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4m

Alright I just want to get this straight. If we have an open filter, such as the Riss Racing Ram intake, its recommended we get the version with sealed vents? Sealed vents, so it would be purely aesthetic with some bonus due to lighter weight, but its not going to help with any heat?
Appreciate 0