BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #23
romero1990
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F25 X3

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I only mentioned it because you said "some days I feel like selling my car" in this thread where the OP is looking to buy a 135i like yours; 2011 with the DCT. Only difference is you have more miles than he wanted.
I actually don't exactly mind high millage. Wanted a relative low once cuz they are less likely seen too much abuse (eg, like messed up suspension, trans, diff, even engine).

I do believe there are people still driving car with care.

Anyhow.. let me know bud.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #24
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by romero1990 View Post
I do believe there are people still driving car with care.
I agree with this statement because I am one of those people. Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #25
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
To add to the discussion of the radiator. I actually did the auxiliary radiator install on my 2013 135i. It was actually part of the PPK2 kit. The PPK1 is just the software to provide the 20HP bump. The PPK2 included the software and the hardware to add in the auxiliary radiator. But in addition to the radiator, there is a heavy duty fan upgrade. The fan is definitely bigger than the factory stock fan. It also required an upgraded relay and hardware to relocate the horn assembly. The kit included spark plugs which there has been debate as to whether the ones that I got with my kit were the correct ones. I have since had the stock factory spec N55 plugs put in.

When I ordered the PPK2, I had to provide my VIN to the dealer. My impression is that the PPK2 isn't a preset kit that gets shipped in a single box. From what I remember on the invoice, the parts that make up the PPK2 were ordered individually based on my VIN. This is born out from when I had my local dealer install the kit. There was a rubber bushing/isolator that was short in quantity from the shipment. The local dealer had to use one from their inventory and billed me for the part. From what I understand, it's hard to next to impossible to source all the parts that make up the PPK2. I did a search on FCP Euro's website and at the time I did it, I couldn't find a listing for the heavy duty fan. I haven't looked else where to see if anyone has them in stock or has a parts listing for it.
Same rad fan as the 1M
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00