BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
E92E82
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 | 2009 E82 135i

Pricing my 135i

Hello all-

It has come time to start thinking about pricing my 135i For Sale. Just over 3 years ago, I bought the car from another forum member and in my ownership have absolutely loved the car. Unfortunately, I need more space so its time to consider putting the car up for sale. I feel the car is becoming more and more sought after and feel it would be best suited to be sold privately. Below are the specs of the car:

- 2009 135i M-Sport; 6MT
- Navigation
- Space Grey/Coral Red
- 60,500 miles
- Weekly hand-washes, seasonal decontamination, and sealant applied.
- Mint interior, use Leatherique seasonally (2-3 day process)
- Non Smoker
- Oil changed every year, despite mileage.
- HPFP and all other recalls performed
- Index 12 Injectors, Fresh Plugs/Coils
- Consistent preventative maintenance

Mods include:
Apex Silver EC-7 Wheels, Michelin PS4S
ECS Full Performance Brake Kit- Two-Piece FR Rotors/Pads & Rear Rotors/Pads
335is Clutch
MHD Tuned
KW Clubsport 2-Way Coilovers
Oil Catch Can
Active Autowerke Charge pipe with BOV
AFE Intake
AR Catless Downpipes
AMS Intercooler
Berk Street cat back exhaust
Scopion Rear diffuser
BMW Performance Spoiler
Kerscher Carbon splitter
Active Autowerke Strut Tower Brace
MusicarNW Stage 2 Audio upgrade ($$$)
LCI Blacklines

I'm all about fully disclosing any info on the car. Recently, I have started to hear some wastegate rattle coming from the Turbos. Obviously, this will affect pricing. I am trying to determine if it makes sense to put in a new OEM set for the new owner or allow someone else to determine what they see as the best option and pricing accordingly. Open to any thoughts.
Attached Images

Last edited by E92E82; 08-24-2020 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

The kind of person who buys your car will probably tend toward the ricer end of the spectrum not a collector. Your low miles are nice but collectors will hate your mods. Your best bet is to sell the car as-is and not disclose anything that's not an obvious liability issue. Limiting yourself to disclosure and repair puts you at a disadvantage to the rest of the used car market. This assumes you're penny-pinching, a scenario which the making of this post supports.

Of course, if you can get the turbos fixed for free, and your time isn't that valuable (from the sound of your post, it isn't) then it behooves you to do so.

In general you could get more for the car if you removed all your mods and sold it as stock with low miles. But the work to do so...not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
E92E82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
The kind of person who buys your car will probably tend toward the ricer end of the spectrum not a collector. Your low miles are nice but collectors will hate your mods. Your best bet is to sell the car as-is and not disclose anything that's not an obvious liability issue. Limiting yourself to disclosure and repair puts you at a disadvantage to the rest of the used car market. This assumes you're penny-pinching, a scenario which the making of this post supports.

Of course, if you can get the turbos fixed for free, and your time isn't that valuable (from the sound of your post, it isn't) then it behooves you to do so.

In general you could get more for the car if you removed all your mods and sold it as stock with low miles. But the work to do so...not worth it.
Thanks for the input. Goal would be to position the car towards an enthusiast... not ricer. Some will have different opinions on the best kit for replacing the turbos (OEM, different brand twins, or bottom-mount single).
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post

Disagree here strongly. Be perfectly honest even to the point of telling a prospective buyer to get a PPI.
Appreciate 1
..Rush..973.50
      08-25-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
E92E82
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Disagree here strongly. Be perfectly honest even to the point of telling a prospective buyer to get a PPI.
Agreed- always about full disclosure. This car will be sold Private Party and will have a PPI.

Once again, the comps are limited so just trying to get opinions on pricing.
Appreciate 1
..Rush..973.50
      09-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #6
Raularango
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92E82 View Post
Hello all-

It has come time to start thinking about pricing my 135i For Sale. Just over 3 years ago, I bought the car from another forum member and in my ownership have absolutely loved the car. Unfortunately, I need more space so its time to consider putting the car up for sale. I feel the car is becoming more and more sought after and feel it would be best suited to be sold privately. Below are the specs of the car:

- 2009 135i M-Sport; 6MT
- Navigation
- Space Grey/Coral Red
- 60,500 miles
- Weekly hand-washes, seasonal decontamination, and sealant applied.
- Mint interior, use Leatherique seasonally (2-3 day process)
- Non Smoker
- Oil changed every year, despite mileage.
- HPFP and all other recalls performed
- Index 12 Injectors, Fresh Plugs/Coils
- Consistent preventative maintenance

Mods include:
Apex Silver EC-7 Wheels, Michelin PS4S
ECS Full Performance Brake Kit- Two-Piece FR Rotors/Pads & Rear Rotors/Pads
335is Clutch
MHD Tuned
KW Clubsport 2-Way Coilovers
Oil Catch Can
Active Autowerke Charge pipe with BOV
AFE Intake
AR Catless Downpipes
AMS Intercooler
Berk Street cat back exhaust
Scopion Rear diffuser
BMW Performance Spoiler
Kerscher Carbon splitter
Active Autowerke Strut Tower Brace
MusicarNW Stage 2 Audio upgrade ($$$)
LCI Blacklines

I'm all about fully disclosing any info on the car. Recently, I have started to hear some wastegate rattle coming from the Turbos. Obviously, this will affect pricing. I am trying to determine if it makes sense to put in a new OEM set for the new owner or allow someone else to determine what they see as the best option and pricing accordingly. Open to any thoughts.
Nice car
      10-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #7
BMWGuy4852
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M-Sport

Actually, if you want to sell the car, I don't believe in full disclosure unless it's something concerning a major repair that the new owner really needs to know.

Also mentioning all the various pieces of aftermarket stuff will probably hurt the sale. If any of it is really expensive, remove it and replace it with OEM stuff.

Service information and records are always a good idea, but if you've done a lot of it, you'll just have to tell the prospective owner.

There are two important items: the car is cleaned up for showing and priced right.

I've looked at some prices on this forum, and they are too high. Get a bottom dollar figure from a trade in at a BMW dealer, you can do it online, WeBuyAnyCar.com, or CarMax for example. Then work your way up from that number. Check out what the car is selling for retail. I'd suggest splitting the difference between the two.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #8
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Can someone find something relevant to say here so we can get BMWguy off of the front page of 1ADDICTS.

PS - I know I just did (bump him off the front page) but it should be something regarding this particular topic.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #9
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I love the Kerscher front splitter! If you decide to de-content the car, let me know!

Every on-line appraisal service will deduct from $500 to $2,000 for the car being a stick. We all know that makes it more valuable than an automatic—by at least that much if not more!

I'm gonna throw out a figure of $18,000, only because you just don't get all the money back from even the most tasteful mods. You could ask in the neighborhood of $20k and see if anyone bites, but I'd take an offer anywhere near my number if you're really anxious to sell.

Or, just keep it, drive it, and enjoy it. Maybe it will even appreciate in value!

Good luck either way. It's a great looking car.
Appreciate 3
Esteban42175.00
em328i0.00
E92E826.50