E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > The topic of conversation with most people now is about my bmw

03-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #45
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
Nice one Speedy

OK so does this mean that some US BMW owners take delivery in EU before onward shipping, if so this must be a brilliant holiday for them!!!
Yep. BMW handles all of the shipping back to the originating dealer in the US. BMW also provides tourist registration for the vehicle and zero-deductible insurance for two weeks. The best part is that the ED vehicles are discounted substantially. The vehicle is completely US spec.

Here is a link to my latest ED photos:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109870
      03-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #46
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xspeedy
Yep. BMW handles all of the shipping back to the originating dealer in the US. BMW also provides tourist registration for the vehicle and zero-deductible insurance for two weeks. The best part is that the ED vehicles are discounted substantially. The vehicle is completely US spec.

brilliant deal, I am seriously thinking of getting a transfer to the US with my firm, it is an option, and I could have some real fun on the roads over there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #47
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:

It's even better if you are military or if you are deployed. You can really rake in the discounts...More than likely I will be over here in 2008 anyway to order a 335 vert but I would like to test drive one first...that's the only problem I would run into which I don't like.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #48
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
It's even better if you are military or if you are deployed. You can really rake in the discounts...More than likely I will be over here in 2008 anyway to order a 335 vert but I would like to test drive one first...that's the only problem I would run into which I don't like.

To be honest JB there is only so far I will go for a discount.......IRAQ seems beyond the call fo me! However don't know u but look after yourself over there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #49
bringsmewomen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
You know, after seeing your million or so threads across Bimmerfest and here regarding your new car, I'd have to think you are likely the one starting up the BMW topic at work or McDonalds or wherever you may seem to think this is happening.
McDonald's?? I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #50
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
I was surprise all the colleagues much younger than me who love cars dont know and dont like BMWs No one talks about my E90
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #51
dencoop
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab

paddywac - If you are interested in ED...Check out the links below my Sig pictures...

Thanks.
      03-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #52
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
I was surprise all the colleagues much younger than me who love cars dont know and dont like BMWs No one talks about my E90
Try living in TX. If it is'nt a truck, people don't care to hear about it.
      03-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #53
chiefhiawatha
Rep
Drives: silver 325xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
yeah they really do call you that crap. I hate it.

"oh hey, you are the guy with the white bimmer!"

uhhh. there are billion other "guy"s with bimmers out there.

No you really don't hate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #54
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Im 22, and i get that same reaction also. When my customers at work ask what car i have, they always give me this look and a few times have told me "i guess we've been tipping you too well!". Ugh, im not driving a freaking M.. its a 325 haha. But yea a few guys have been intimidated, they always say.. you must be daddys girl to have the bimmer. Screw you!.. i paid. But i guess we can be fellow "bitches with the bimmers"
The customers are jealous, and guys are often intimidated by a babe with a brand new Bimmer, but they can also do a little math in their heads. Let's say I'm in college and my parents are footing the bill for $20K a year and covering room & board as well as clothing and the rest is being handled by loans. Now I'm working at a restaurant, but not as the owner, but a server. Who is really paying for my car? There are plenty of waiters who can't afford a new Hyundai because they pay their rent.

BTW I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, and there's nothing better than bein' young, hot and having a great car, but it's a bit silly to be surprised about people's reactions. It's the same reaction people on this board give to Paris Hilton and her new SLR. (I think PH is hot and should drive the coolest car she can get, but should get leatherette because of her dog).
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #55
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
OK so does this mean that some US BMW owners take delivery in EU before onward shipping, if so this must be a brilliant holiday for them!!!
Indeed.

Read my article on European Delivery in the march issue of the Roundel magazine and online (first part only) at http://www.bmwcca.org/roundel/march2006

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 01:01 AM   #56
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90rocks
The customers are jealous, and guys are often intimidated by a babe with a brand new Bimmer, but they can also do a little math in their heads. Let's say I'm in college and my parents are footing the bill for $20K a year and covering room & board as well as clothing and the rest is being handled by loans. Now I'm working at a restaurant, but not as the owner, but a server. Who is really paying for my car? There are plenty of waiters who can't afford a new Hyundai because they pay their rent.

BTW I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, and there's nothing better than bein' young, hot and having a great car, but it's a bit silly to be surprised about people's reactions. It's the same reaction people on this board give to Paris Hilton and her new SLR. (I think PH is hot and should drive the coolest car she can get, but should get leatherette because of her dog).

Yea even with dates.. geez guys get super intimidated when they see my car. Cause they know when we go out, he's gonna feel subordinate for driving his car. Like damn we should have taken her car... haha. And to tell u the truth, i wouldnt mind driving on dates cause i love her
      03-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #57
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

ya know, my last car was an '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera, with 297,000 on it (yeah, really). People would give me crap all the time how it was a piece of junk that was going to just fall apart one day. I even had friends who wouldn't ride with me in it because they were 'afraid we wouldn't make it.' (even though my car outlasted that same friend's first NEW car...)

Anyway, now that I have an E90, I gotta put up with the 'oh, it's Mr. BMW comments... sigh. These are the same friends, and I know that they are only joking, but it gets irritating. However, I'll usually point out that their gas guzzling, big ass SUV's cost more than mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #58
gilbertb11
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Anyone ever get the ole, (from a co-worker) "can I borrow your car?" Asking with an expectation of you saying "no" so you say "sure no problem" but in reality you're thinking "HELL NO." My point is that this question would not run with a like expectation if I drove a ford ranger or something. Nothing against rangers.

xspeedy: That's not true. I live in Texas and that's hardly the mentality here. In fact, There are quite a few exotic cars in the major cities like Austin, Dallas, and Houston. I don't know what po'dunk place you're talking about but, that certainly does not identify the entire or even the majority of the state.

Last edited by gilbertb11; 03-19-2006 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #59
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

are us serious? man, that is so rude. i woulda gotten ballistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Yeah, I hear you. After picking up my new 330i, I stopped by the local Charelston's to grab a bite to eat. I'm standing there looking at my new car holding this BMW coffee mug that my salesman gave me when this guy pulls up next to me in a new MB SLR McLaren. He gets out, casually tosses his spare change into my mug and walks into the resturant. Talk about no !
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #60
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Austin isn't a major city!

hehe.

<--- luvs austin tho, ex longhorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertb11
Anyone ever get the ole, (from a co-worker) "can I borrow your car?" Asking with an expectation of you saying "no" so you say "sure no problem" but in reality you're thinking "HELL NO." My point is that this question would not run with a like expectation if I drove a ford ranger or something. Nothing against rangers.

xspeedy: That's not true. I live in Texas and that's hardly the mentality here. In fact, There are quite a few exotic cars in the major cities like Austin, Dallas, and Houston. I don't know what po'dunk place you're talking about but, that certainly does not identify the entire or even the majority of the state.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #61
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
It sounds like you've been holed up in Austin for too long. Texas, like the state of Oklahoma, is truck country.
Agreed. There are quite a few BMW 3-Series in Austin, but mostly owned by transplants like me. The vast majority of the locals drive full size domestic trucks.

Coming from Chicago, there is a vast change in ratio of trucks/cars.
      03-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #62
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Try living in TX. If it is'nt a truck, people don't care to hear about it.
Really? How about horses?
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #63
andy
Sabaku SouSou
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic E90 320i

Garage List
When people start asking me about the Bimmer, I usually change the subject by mentioning how I like driving my wife's car (Mk2 Ford Focus Sport) and we end up talking about that car instead It saves me from the akward "How much did you pay for it?" and "How much do they pay you?" routine It also gives them the impression that my life does not revolve around my brand-spanking-new BMW, although it actually does quite a bit

Arctic 320i: Black Dakota Leather, Silver Trim MODS: OEM rear deck spoiler, chrome exhaust tip, window trim and grille, 8.5 x 19 CSL reps all around, Dunlop Le Mans 245/35/R19s, 10mm H&R spacers rear, OEM style front splitters, Bi-Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 10:25 PM   #64
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
I just ordered mine and already I'm dealing with it... Yes, I'm only 23 and yes I graduated from college a year ago but I make good money so I can get that kind of stuff. I remember when my boss saw my car was up for sale she asked me what I was going to get. I told her a 325 and she kinda stared at me and said "wouldn't it be better for someone your age to get a civic?"

Civic my a$$.

Even some of my friends are like that... one wouldn't even discuss car colors with me. Jealousy... it's not like she didn't just buy one of those new GTIs for 26k on her 28k a yr salary. But I have been nicknamed now by my friends "the bitch with the bimmer". Whatever... haters...
I'm also 23, graduated last year, and bought my own E90. Nice to know there are others paying their way. I was in the same situation as you. My boss drives a Hyundai and he was trying to convince me to get one as well. I was like, uh no thanks. I got the whole speel from ppl. at work on how I should invest that money in a house, how cars depreciate, blah blah blah..they wouldn't ever consider spending $35-$40k on a vehicle but can't understand why anyone else would want to either.

I didn't even tell some of my friends that I got the new 3-series b/c I knew how some would react..I only told a few who I knew would be happy for me. Some ppl. at work and others who later found out didn't even come up to me and say anything. In fact, the majority of compliments I received were from complete strangers. I bet you if I would have gotten a Kia or something everyone and their mamas would have been congratulating me.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #65
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

I've actually been somewhat surprised how many people havn't given me the "how much are they paying you" speech, or the "you should have invested it". My relatives think the ED trip sounds really cool and some of my coworkers make me promise to give them rides when the car gets to the states. The lead of my group at work owns an E46 sedan and we talk about bimmers every once in a while. I guess I'm lucky people have been positive about it. Hopefully things don't change after I get the car.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #66
gilbertb11
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

xspeedy Alright, alright... maybe there are a lot of freakin trucks. And yeah, maybe there are a lot of country bumkins with truck tires taller than my car but.... holy crap, there really are a lot of freakin trucks. Ha ha. And you're right, compared to other states, disparity ratio is grossly disproportionate. Well then, on that note, xspeedy I'm glad we're around to try to even that out a bit.
Appreciate 0