BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

Do 1M original factory panels have Vin/bar code stickers on them?

Hi guys,

Does the 1M front right and left quarter panels, looking from inside the hood on the inner edge have the vin or bar code on them? I know that BMW used to have this sticker on all the panels so you could tell if a panel or item was replaced. Wasn't sure if they still did that. Can anyone confirm on their 1M for me?

I'm currently looking at a 1M to purchase and I didn't see the stickers on the right and left front QPannels when the hood was up. This 1M has the stickers on the door jams and in front of the engine above the grill. Just wanted to rule in that they were original to the car and there wasn't any repair.

Thanks,

Shroom.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
Hi guys,

Does the 1M front right and left quarter panels, looking from inside the hood on the inner edge have the vin or bar code on them? I know that BMW used to have this sticker on all the panels so you could tell if a panel or item was replaced. Wasn't sure if they still did that. Can anyone confirm on their 1M for me?

I'm currently looking at a 1M to purchase and I didn't see the stickers on the right and left front QPannels when the hood was up. This 1M has the stickers on the door jams and in front of the engine above the grill. Just wanted to rule in that they were original to the car and there wasn't any repair.

Thanks,

Shroom.
Nope, not on mine anyways.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good news! Thanks for checking for me!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

These are all the factory stickers ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #5
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Can anyone with a black 1m tell me if on the f&l wing inner door side have white paint on them which looks like a poor paint job from factory?? If you open fron right or left door then look at the hinge and the wing area there..cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Shroom.

Fenders or wings are on the front of the car.

Quarter panels are on the rear of the car.

As an E30 M3 owner, I recall that VIN decals were one of the major things to look for when buying a used BMW.

UNFORTUNATELY, Bmw stopped putting stickers on every body panel back in the early 2000s.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the Clarification M3 Adjuster! Also good info to know they stopped that in 2003, and I agree it's unfortunate.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #8
Smac1M
Registered
Rep
Drives: White BMW 1M Coupe

Hi,

Can anyone send me a photo of the factory stickers in the door shut passenger side of UK 1M coupe please? I had some repair work on my 1M but BMW have forgotten to replace them. I think there was airbag warning and something else.

Thanks,
S
Appreciate 0