BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
RonnieRobotPants
Someone Else
Australia
Rep
Drives: Highway Sleeper

Smell Help

OK let me start this by saying i love my niece, however the last time we went for a drive she left a bottle of juice in the car and it ended up under the passenger seat. Now what has happened is the juice has gone off (obviously) and has now leaked out thru the seal of the lid and has left quite an awful smell.

I got down and under there yesterday with some paper towel and disinfectant to get the bulk of it out but noticed that it has seeped/leaked in between the carpet of the front foot well and the under seat area.

I'm know i'll need to pull the entire seat and carpeting out to clean it all but i don't have the tools and cant make it to my mechanic for a week or so due to work. Any suggestions on how to combat this smell temporarily. My current deodoriser is failing and even having the windows open isn't really helping.

P.S. The smell has gotten slightly worse since cleaning the bulk of it out.
      03-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
AZ1
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRobotPants View Post
OK let me start this by saying i love my niece, however the last time we went for a drive she left a bottle of juice in the car and it ended up under the passenger seat. Now what has happened is the juice has gone off (obviously) and has now leaked out thru the seal of the lid and has left quite an awful smell.

I got down and under there yesterday with some paper towel and disinfectant to get the bulk of it out but noticed that it has seeped/leaked in between the carpet of the front foot well and the under seat area.

I'm know i'll need to pull the entire seat and carpeting out to clean it all but i don't have the tools and cant make it to my mechanic for a week or so due to work. Any suggestions on how to combat this smell temporarily. My current deodoriser is failing and even having the windows open isn't really helping.

P.S. The smell has gotten slightly worse since cleaning the bulk of it out.

I'm no professional, so take this with a grain of salt, I would just pour water where there is juice and then extract with a towel or two and a wet vac. Use the vacuum at the gas station if you don't have a wet vac. I would work on it for like 30 minutes. This is how I clean messes on normal carpet in my home. I'm a bit of a clean freak and this works every time.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #3
RonnieRobotPants
Someone Else
Australia
Rep
Drives: Highway Sleeper

It worked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ1 View Post
I'm no professional, so take this with a grain of salt, I would just pour water where there is juice and then extract with a towel or two and a wet vac. Use the vacuum at the gas station if you don't have a wet vac. I would work on it for like 30 minutes. This is how I clean messes on normal carpet in my home. I'm a bit of a clean freak and this works every time.
Forgot to follow up on this, your technique worked like a charm. I used a bottle of water and drenched the area (carefully) then paper towel dry 3 times or so then went over with the vaccuum at the servo (gas station) for about 15-20 mins.

The smell has completely gone and the original leather scent is back each time I get in. Thank you so much for your advice