Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

DONT EVEN TRY, TO SELL YOUR 1M. just don't

this is a bit insane,
but just right now i felt i really need to be back to my 1M,
it's still in the BMW Premium Used Car dealership, with high price tag since the dealer intend to collect it.

i am crazy, but i have a dream to go back and just grab that car out with any price tag,
slap my old hyper blue bbs wheels, and all mods were still there..
(crossed my mind trading in my M5, -garage space not enough-, "yes its that good")!

my heart will break if someone got the car already.

for those of you who are able to keep em, keep em.
this is just sad. just sad. loll.
      04-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

JayK, I feel your pain too. Seriously, I sold mine thinking that BMW learned something from the 1M and that it would lead to something down the road like it when the economy improved. So far, it has been disappointing and I regret selling it. I don't want to discuss whether exhaust sound through the stereo is good or bad or if NAV screens and iDrive are good or bad BUT they are NOT FOR ME and here in the USA the all new BMWs come that way now. My only hope now is that the M2 will "do it for me." I hope that I can get it as a stripper and it will have the cold-start roar of the 1M, etc.

I see plenty of 1Ms for sale but they are all $55K-60K now and more than half are "loaded." Many were "tastefully modified" not sure to whose taste though. Many had tunes which I feel will shorten the life for the second owner and worse yet many were not cared for properly. I remember early on that many here believed that break-in should be "drive it like you stole it."
Even now when looking at used cars, I see E90 M3s that people leave the oil in the car for over two years because the oil change indicator hasn't told them to change it yet.

So I feel your pain but I tell myself a few things like:

Maybe the M2 might not be messed up by BMW USA and they will let me configure without the fluff.

The new motor has better throttle response than the 1M and the chassis is longer and more stable and aerodynamic at high speed so all the makings are there for a worthy replacement and if not, there are few out there like me that are really taking care of the 1M strippers and I might be lucky to find one when prices go down a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

You were warned... sorry bro. Oh well, something better always comes around. Hopefully it won't take too long.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
1M SUSI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 //1M Alpine White

How about a hug?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
You were warned... sorry bro. Oh well, something better always comes around. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Yes, we were warned but I think we are trying to turn it into a positive and warn others. The potential is there for something as cool as the 1M but until you find it, hang on to it. It is a very special car.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
dimeo187
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser HE

Garage List
2016 GT4  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [9.25]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.75]
I was hesitant to drop $56k on a zero option 1M last week with my already full garage (B8 S4 and 4runner) but I just felt like the 1M was just too special to pass up.

You guys are helping me realize the truth behind this car and I cant wait to get it out of the garage and drive a car so many people have raved about.

I do not have any plans on selling this car...ever. I mean, I havent even driven it and I appreciate it so much more than all my previous cars.

I'll have some pics posted up this week of delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Time to move on bud. Though I miss my 1M, I don't miss it to the extent I have to go out and buy it again. Just wait for the M2 or pick up a M235i in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Well Yes, basically one "MY CAR" is enough and that time i just had the SLS which makes me forget the little baby M and now i miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
JayK, I feel your pain too. Seriously, I sold mine thinking that BMW learned something from the 1M and that it would lead to something down the road like it when the economy improved. So far, it has been disappointing and I regret selling it. I don't want to discuss whether exhaust sound through the stereo is good or bad or if NAV screens and iDrive are good or bad BUT they are NOT FOR ME and here in the USA the all new BMWs come that way now. My only hope now is that the M2 will "do it for me." I hope that I can get it as a stripper and it will have the cold-start roar of the 1M, etc.

I see plenty of 1Ms for sale but they are all $55K-60K now and more than half are "loaded." Many were "tastefully modified" not sure to whose taste though. Many had tunes which I feel will shorten the life for the second owner and worse yet many were not cared for properly. I remember early on that many here believed that break-in should be "drive it like you stole it."
Even now when looking at used cars, I see E90 M3s that people leave the oil in the car for over two years because the oil change indicator hasn't told them to change it yet.

So I feel your pain but I tell myself a few things like:

Maybe the M2 might not be messed up by BMW USA and they will let me configure without the fluff.

The new motor has better throttle response than the 1M and the chassis is longer and more stable and aerodynamic at high speed so all the makings are there for a worthy replacement and if not, there are few out there like me that are really taking care of the 1M strippers and I might be lucky to find one when prices go down a bit.
Worst part of it is how it will be owned by someone else, but currently i am almost certain that i will purchase another one when there is a good offer with good conditions. the 6mt and rawness of it is just irresistible, maybe try my luck with VO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M SUSI View Post
How about a hug?
Lollies, sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post

Yes, we were warned but I think we are trying to turn it into a positive and warn others. The potential is there for something as cool as the 1M but until you find it, hang on to it. It is a very special car.
it is indeed sir, enjoy in good health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeo187 View Post
I was hesitant to drop $56k on a zero option 1M last week with my already full garage (B8 S4 and 4runner) but I just felt like the 1M was just too special to pass up.

You guys are helping me realize the truth behind this car and I cant wait to get it out of the garage and drive a car so many people have raved about.

I do not have any plans on selling this car...ever. I mean, I havent even driven it and I appreciate it so much more than all my previous cars.

I'll have some pics posted up this week of delivery
Congratulations, you are going to love it for sure, its just a car you would drive every single time, and for 1M its just too good to be left out inside the garage.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbark View Post
Time to move on bud. Though I miss my 1M, I don't miss it to the extent I have to go out and buy it again. Just wait for the M2 or pick up a M235i in the meantime.
Yes sir, mine is quite heavily mod, and got a tune already before break-in period, however.. i'll try my luck on searching the stock ones.
M235i not being hardcore enough… in the other hand the unclarity news on M2 makes M235i is a bit risky to take..
      04-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

+1, I am with Ian. Look, if you think that you made a mistake by selling your 1M and if you still have the chance to take it back then all I say is you should do that before it is too late! You can't miss a unique chance to rectify a simple mistake. Ask yourself if you genuinly miss the car, the feel of it, even after having mighty machines like the M5 or an SLS and if the answer is positive go take it back.

Your actual regret of selling it is nothing compared to the possible regret you will face if you just miss the chance to take it back. Now that will be the real regret and if you do that don't come here with yet another thread of confessions

There is nothing wrong with admitting making a mistake in life but it is a real pity if you remain indifferent of a rare chance to correct it.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

If you can afford an SLS you can afford to buy it back with a little Dealership mark-up premium.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #11
1MTI
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M E82

Hey Jay-K itīs a shame you donīt have your 1M anymore and you hyper blue bbs wheels look amazing, any chance you are interested on selling them to a fellow 1M owner?
Since I started modding mine and those blue wheels would be perfect for my car

best regards
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #12
STARSKI
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 VO BMW 1M, '09 JrzB BMW M3

Man I just got my 1M a couple months ago and immediately knew this was something special. I can't see myself getting rid of this car. I am sure I will want something else but this one will be a keeper. I have an e92 M3 as well and could see selling that car before this little one!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Soooo regret selling mine too! I feel everyone's pain

It was so special an experience, not just the car but the anticipation, the marketing, the excitement......hmmmmpf

Pity, I'll never get it back as it was written off by the next owner. All the parts (virtually the whole wreckage) was purchased by a single buyer.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #14
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920

It was so special an experience, not just the car but the anticipation, the marketing, the excitement......hmmmmpf

Pity, I'll never get it back as it was written off by the next owner. All the parts (virtually the whole wreckage) was purchased by a single buyer.
Nice to see you back on the forum. Sorry to hear about the demise of your 1M. I have just started to get the itch about buying something else in the last few days, thinking M3 or M4 but it's a different purchase from the 1M as I won't buy this time without seeing one in the metal.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso
Quote:

Nice to see you back on the forum. Sorry to hear about the demise of your 1M. I have just started to get the itch about buying something else in the last few days, thinking M3 or M4 but it's a different purchase from the 1M as I won't buy this time without seeing one in the metal.
So... will you be selling or trading the 1M? :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #16
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso
Quote:

So... will you be selling or trading the 1M? :-)
I think I am going to keep it, just took it out on one of my favourite roads this morning and it still makes me smile. I am tempted by a M4 vert, it really will come down to price and the way it looks in the metal.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #17
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

There's not a chance on this earth i will sell my 1M..not yet anyway...Maybe in 10 years time when its doubled in value...hopefully...
Got my Citreon van to keep me mobile... :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #18
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Due to a longer and more sensible DLC, I doubt the M2 will capture the purity, fun and madness of the 1M. There will be many better cars on paper to come, but FUN can't be measured on paper.

Go and buy it back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
+1, I am with Ian. Look, if you think that you made a mistake by selling your 1M and if you still have the chance to take it back then all I say is you should do that before it is too late! You can't miss a unique chance to rectify a simple mistake. Ask yourself if you genuinly miss the car, the feel of it, even after having mighty machines like the M5 or an SLS and if the answer is positive go take it back.

Your actual regret of selling it is nothing compared to the possible regret you will face if you just miss the chance to take it back. Now that will be the real regret and if you do that don't come here with yet another thread of confessions

There is nothing wrong with admitting making a mistake in life but it is a real pity if you remain indifferent of a rare chance to correct it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
If you can afford an SLS you can afford to buy it back with a little Dealership mark-up premium.
You guys are true, i have tried to call the dealership back…
the 30% mark up price is just still to far, the car won't be sold to any person, the owner of the dealership is a collector as well..

He said he will only sell for that price… and said people also must be crazy to pay for that price.
Don't worry that day will come..
when i post a thread " BUBBLES IS BACK! " or at least i found another 1M (I just hope this day will come soon - I believe the release of M4 will hit the 1M price down a little bit) that day will come guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MTI View Post
Hey Jay-K itīs a shame you donīt have your 1M anymore and you hyper blue bbs wheels look amazing, any chance you are interested on selling them to a fellow 1M owner?
Since I started modding mine and those blue wheels would be perfect for my car

best regards
Hi, it is actually taken right now, but the person also wanted to sell where are you located, I'll pm you and we can contact by email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
Man I just got my 1M a couple months ago and immediately knew this was something special. I can't see myself getting rid of this car. I am sure I will want something else but this one will be a keeper. I have an e92 M3 as well and could see selling that car before this little one!
keep it. keep it. keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
There's not a chance on this earth i will sell my 1M..not yet anyway...Maybe in 10 years time when its doubled in value...hopefully...
Got my Citreon van to keep me mobile... :-)
firstworldproblem bro