BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, GT3, X7

New approach ramps being made. Design ideas wanted.

Hey folks,
It looks like my S5 is going away this week and will be replaced with an F80 M3; so the left side of the garage is going to be filled with M goodness.

My 4 post lift came with approach ramps that are too steep for my stock ride height 1M. I was planning on just making my own with some wood 2x12's, but decided with an all M left side of the garage, that it would be fun to do a little decorating.

A friend of mine has a fabrication shop and will be making me a set of aluminum approach ramps that are twice the length of the stock ramps. He also has the ability to print a vinyl decal of any size/color.

I'm hoping some of the more creative members on this board will lend me a few suggestions on color schemes. The lift is blue (bendpak stock color), the 1M is AW, and finally the M3 is Mineral White/Sakhir Orange interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Well I'd go with the tri-colors on the ///M badge.

As to how to align the stripes...well, you got me. Angled at the same degree as the badge would look pretty cool but I'm no designer.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

http://www.raceramps.com/

??

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah I'm familiar with race ramps and would just pick up a set if they weren't ~$500. I can have these made at a fraction of the cost. I'm more interested in "paint schemes" suggestions I guess...

I was definitely planning on incorporating the stripes but would like to somehow tie the design into the posts if possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Personally i would paint the lift something that doesn't stand out. Perhaps BSM. Put the ///M logo and M Performance along the blue bar that sits underneath the car.

And I say do it black so it takes less away from the car as you enter your garage each time.

Also a giant ///M logo on the back wall behind it would look pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken
Personally i would paint the lift something that doesn't stand out. Perhaps BSM. Put the ///M logo and M Performance along the blue bar that sits underneath the car.

And I say do it black so it takes less away from the car as you enter your garage each time.

Also a giant ///M logo on the back wall behind it would look pretty cool.
I like the wall logo idea. I'll probably do that on the adjacent wall.
I probably won't paint the whole lift due to pita factor, but doing something with the horizontal face is a good idea.
Appreciate 0