BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
1ersoldier
PFC
Germany
Rep
Drives: 09 128i Montago Blue, US Spec

New 128i

Hello fellow 1 series fans!

I found this forum while I was in the process of buying a new car, doing research. This site helped me find all the information i wanted about the 1 series i eventually purchased. After two weeks of fussing with the banks, insurance, and the dealership here in Germany (Stationed in Bamberg), I finally picked up my Montago Blue 128i (US spec). Its a 09 with 30k miles. Some options are cold weather package and smokers package (I'm not sure if thats standard). Its a pretty standard 128i. After owning hooptie after hooptie, its about time i got a car i can rely on, and isnt a cheap hatchback. When i first got to germany in march, I found a 93 bmw 318i that i picked up for 400$. it needed some work, and after putting 800$ into it, i was done. I sold it to one of my buddies that needed a car for him and his wife. It had 170k kilometers on it (euro spec), and everything on it worked great. and for a 19 year old car that was surprising. It did 128 mph on the autobahn, and drove for 3 hours from Bamberg to Mannheim. That is what led me to become fond of BMW's and purchase my 1 series. I am very fond of my 1 series already, and I will try my best to do my part on this forum!

1ersoldier (US Soldier stationed in Bamberg, Germany)

PS thats not me in it, i took the photo of my buddy checking it out
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
BMWtheone
Ordered BMW 128i Coupe on 4/25
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Congratulations ! It's a beautiful car - love the color. I am sure you would enjoy it. Welcome to the forum !
Appreciate 0