BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Bavsound Stage 1 Speaker Upgrade

Anyone have this setup? If so, what do you think?

FWIW, I’ve got the HK audio already and the EQ set pretty nicely. Not sure what more I’m looking for really, just curious.

https://www.bavsound.com/products/st...i-fi-top-hi-fi
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #2
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Anyone have this setup? If so, what do you think?

FWIW, I’ve got the HK audio already and the EQ set pretty nicely. Not sure what more I’m looking for really, just curious.

https://www.bavsound.com/products/st...i-fi-top-hi-fi
As I have the 676 system I went with the Revenant amp first, just installed the Ghost "subs" and am breaking them in to righteous tunes per the manufacturer.

I'm quite happy with the way it sounds and I love that they're plug-n-play. I have no desire to learn car audio. I'll probably get the Stage One speakers at some point. Maybe a trunk sub..

Another Paul with a 128i reviewed all of the bits right after my "review" on the Bavsound site and was happy with it all, too. He also did amp > subs > speakers, but sounds like all in a few days, unlike me.
      04-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #3
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

For any upgrade I'd consider just the fronts. Skip the rears, you should barely be hearing them anyways.

Try to find a stereo shop if possible to listen to the actual speakers w/ music you bring in yourself. See which ones you like best. I know this has gotten a lot harder over the years but see if it's possible near you. Otherwise do your best to research how different options sound - warmer, tighter, whatever.

I did the Musicarnw "full bass" setup for just over a grand. It's a custom sub enclosure for the E82, includes a sub, and includes an amp as well. The amp powers not only the sub but the underseat 8" mids as well. That alone (tweaking things before plugging in the sub) was a huge difference alone. Add the sub and it was perfect.

I left the underseat mids alone knowing that they were plenty good w/ 1) some more power and 2) bandpassed so they didn't try to play all of the bass frequencies.

I left the fronts alone because I tend to listen to a lot of electronic music and if better speakers did a better job with nuances from live recordings or something, I'd probably never get that benefit anyhow.
Appreciate 0