BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

Bad MULF2 high basis, replacement HU?

I'm dealing with a bad mulf2 high basis, is it worth even messing with this thing? I tried a used module, it took the program/code but quickly started cutting out just like the original. I attempted to reflow one of them but was unsuccessful.

Car is a early 2009, USB & aux in, bluetooth phone, CCC nav, with the mulf2 issues the radio cuts out, I unhooked it and now I have radio but no usb/aux/handsfree.

Do the aftermarket head units need a working mulf2? CCC is garbage and I never used anything other than the aux input, I am leaning towards removing the CCC/nav and just throwing in a android replacement.

I dont like CIC either, the only thing ccc/cic does for me is make a couple things easier like seat heat settings and TPMS, first thing I do when I get in the car is shut the screen off
Appreciate 0