BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-27-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Speaker and Sub Upgrades

I currently have a Bavsound amp (tweaked match up amp) and its made a tremendous difference in my Hi-Fi equipped car, but I'm looking to get a bit more out of the sound system. I'm not keen on dropping $1250 for Bavsound speakers and subs, so I'm exploring the following options. Frankly, I know fuck all about car audio, but here's the shortlist of upgrades I've been considering:

-E82 HK speakers and subs. Cheapest but are they worth the upgrade?
-E90 Logic7 speakers, HK subs. still cheap, still not sure if worth the upgrade. Apparently the stock subs and 2ohm, L7s are 4ohm so those are a no go
-Match Up speakers. Cheaper than the BimmerTech option ($350 for mids and tweeters, $450 for subs). Problem is Crutchfield offers 2 versions of each and I don't have a clue which one to go with.
-BimmerTech front speakers+subs. $914, so not much better than Bavsound but not wasting money on the rears. Only midgets and quadriplegics go in the back of my car.

Anyone have any advice for my dumbass on which way I should go? TIA!
Appreciate 0