BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-25-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
135i08yes
Rep
Drives: bmw

Comfort Access questions

Figured out why my keyless entry wasn't working ever since I got my car. One of the plugs in the diversity antenna was not plugged in. Tested out all of my keys.. 2 that came with the car and 1 I got programmed.

The new key I got reprogrammed the buttons on fob work but comfort access doesnt work so I believe it wasn't programmed for it.

One of my original keys, the comfort access does work.

A few questions. I can unlock either side of car with comfort access. I can lock the passenger side but cannot lock the driver side door with comfort access.
Could there be something not plugged in or needs changing?

I still need to insert the fob into the car to start it. Is there something else to check under the dash like a fuse? Even a 2008 model with CA should still let you start car without inserting key?

How does trunk comfort access work? Just put your hand near the trunk and it unlocks? This doesnt work either.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 06:40 PM   #2
blackcarbon92
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i08yes View Post
Figured out why my keyless entry wasn't working ever since I got my car. One of the plugs in the diversity antenna was not plugged in. Tested out all of my keys.. 2 that came with the car and 1 I got programmed.

The new key I got reprogrammed the buttons on fob work but comfort access doesnt work so I believe it wasn't programmed for it.

One of my original keys, the comfort access does work.

A few questions. I can unlock either side of car with comfort access. I can lock the passenger side but cannot lock the driver side door with comfort access.
Could there be something not plugged in or needs changing?

I still need to insert the fob into the car to start it. Is there something else to check under the dash like a fuse? Even a 2008 model with CA should still let you start car without inserting key?

How does trunk comfort access work? Just put your hand near the trunk and it unlocks? This doesnt work either.
Hey I'm having the same issue but I'm not home for a few months as the car is in storage so hopefully when I pull her out I can figure it out too, but i've been doing some research. My doors unlock just fine with the comfort access but my trunk does not open without pushing the button and I have to insert my key to start the car.
In the passenger side of the trunk behind the liner there is a passive go module that controls the CA features and many have been saying that water can get in there and fry the passive go module. I would suggest to take it out and take a look if it looks like any water has been in there. Here is a link to another thread that goes into this. Scroll down a bit to see where the a poster says he found water in the module and it was fried. Hope this helps!

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1363007
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
135i08yes
Rep
Drives: bmw

Replacing the comfort access passive go module fixed the keyless ignition start issue.
I believe it does not need to be coded as some others have mentioned this as well.
Keyless entry with the fob works right away.
I believe for the first time, you need to insert the fob and start the ignition. After the first time, it should remember and the comfort access/keyless ignition should work thereafter.
Appreciate 0