BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
RokasE82
Rep
Drives: 1 Series E82 SE

Changing halo light bulbs to split LED's

Hello everyone, I recently purchased some split angel eye LED's for my E82.

I'm not a fan of the stock yellow colour, so I decided to get white LED's. I chose the split design as it is meant to directly point into the lens which ensures that both angel eyes light up brightly as with stock, one of the angel eyes is less bright.

After fiddling about trying to fit the light, I realized that it can only fit one particular way due to the tabs on the LED's and the tabs within the car itself. As you can see in the photos that is them fitted. The left side are the standard bulb angel eyes, and on the right are the split LED's.

The colour does look a lot nicer with the LED's, however, one of the angel eyes are barely lit up. In the photos it actually makes it look a lot brighter than it does in person. The right ring barely looks like it is even on.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these types of lights and if they have any tips when fitting them as I feel like I may not have fitted them correctly.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 02:31 PM   #2
bignickmetro
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

You can mess with the orientation a little bit so that the diode is aiming straight at the light tube that carries the light to the second ring. But it is never going to be the same brightness. I messed with it for a long time before I realize that's just how they are made. The only way to get really even halos is to install full led rings.
Appreciate 0