BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2022, 12:18 AM   #1
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Aftermarket 135i exhausts on a 128i

About to pull the trigger on an M-sport rear bumper so its decision time - need to pick a 135i exhaust for my 128i since the tips will finally fit. Very happy with my current exhaust setup, but I'd like to do away with the last bit of drone that I have and add a flange to the midpipe to make life easier for jobs that require removing the exhaust. Need to do my diff bushings soon, so not having to deal with rusty, seized, and likely to break manifold to midpipe bolts is incentive enough to drop cash on this.

I know that for the 135i this horse has been beaten to a pulp, buried, exhumed, beaten again, cremated, and had its ashes spread across Bavaria, but I haven't seen much on fitting 135i exhausts to the 128i outside of Berk options. My current front runners are Dinan and Corsa, and I'm also on the fence about getting a Y-pipe (or tuned Supersprint res) as well. N55 mid pipe would be nice for the secondary cat delete, less meaty res, and preinstalled flange, but from what I've seen that's gonna be tough to match up to N52 pipes.

Can anyone weigh in on how these perform on the 128i? The most important factor for me is that there cannot be any drone. I'd also like to keep my current sound level (~80-85% of a muffler delete) and avoid the goofy-ass lookin' 3.5" tips (but that seems pretty hard to dodge for 135i systems).
Appreciate 0