BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-25-2022, 09:02 PM   #1
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

What is this molex connector I added to my technics harness?

Almost ten years ago, I updated the "hi fi" audio system, non iDrive, setup in my 2012 128i.

I used a so called "technics harness" to take the factory wiring and adapt it to an after market amp (JL Audio), tossed in some Morel speakers, and have been rocking it ever since.

But lately one of the speakers has been cutting out, and I have traced the issue to this molex connector....

....and my lizard brain is tempted to just rip it apart and crimp stuff together, but maybe this is an easy molex connector to replace?
Attached Images

Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.

Last edited by nato-main-man-5am; 03-25-2022 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

I put the amp in the main underneath area of the trunk because at the time it seemed wise to retain the factory amp, here:

And I don't think now is the time to move the JL Audio amp.....because I still might want to hook back in the factory amp one day???? Or.....not.

Well, definitely not unless that solves the molex problem. But I don't think it does.
Attached Images

Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0