United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Harold at HP Autowerks had some MadDad mids this past Summer, might want to check with him. I had to buy mine form a forum meber used and it took me awhile to find one, since they stopped making them for several years.

I think a dealer would possibly swap a mid-pipe. I had my car tested and there were no issues, my understanding is on cold starts it has higher emissions, but once warm, it is the same as stock. Someone can tell me otherwise.
I am not sure if it would still pass emissions in a state that does a sniff test, but it does not generate any check engine light or affect cat readiness because on the 1M that is only monitored after the primary cats in the downpipes. There is no oxygen sensor after the secondary cats in the mid pipe.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #24
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Mine was checked with instrumentation in the actual exhaust tips in the County that it is registered. Stricter than most, but the engine was warm.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #25
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrat15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogitoergosum View Post
Has anyone had luck with a BMW dealer getting the mid pipes swapped over? The car is due a service soon and might get it done at the same time.
My bmw dealer ordered and installed the n55 along with the Lightweight Titanium exhaust. Only thing: they issued 2 separate invoices

Can only recommend the setup! Loud but not too extreme.
Are you in California? I think in states where you don't have emission rules they will but hard but good to know if there is a California dealer that does it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #26
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Harold at HP Autowerks had some MadDad mids this past Summer, might want to check with him. I had to buy mine form a forum meber used and it took me awhile to find one, since they stopped making them for several years.

I think a dealer would possibly swap a mid-pipe. I had my car tested and there were no issues, my understanding is on cold starts it has higher emissions, but once warm, it is the same as stock. Someone can tell me otherwise.
I am not sure if it would still pass emissions in a state that does a sniff test, but it does not generate any check engine light or affect cat readiness because on the 1M that is only monitored after the primary cats in the downpipes. There is no oxygen sensor after the secondary cats in the mid pipe.
1M is OBD test in California so if it looks factory to the technician and doesn't generate any faults it should pass.
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #27
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

I made the mistake of getting my car smogged at Smog Nazi and they could tell that Maddads were aftermarket despite the fact that it's an oldish pipe that has resonators resembling cats in the factory location. They also failed me based on an aftermarket CP so highly YMMV in California. Even though California smog is OBD-based, the visual inspection is -huge- and highly dependent on the technician and shop. CA BAR has smog shops terrified with various sting operations to go so far as to video smog inspections from across the street to catch shops passing cars that should otherwise fail.

Last edited by ayao; 12-17-2020 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
nachob2309.50
      12-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #28
pyrat15
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Are you in California? I think in states where you don't have emission rules they will but hard but good to know if there is a California dealer that does it.
I'm from Switzerland...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #29
SunDevil_M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

I have a GT Haus section 1 and GT Haus axle back and love it. Sounds perfect.. and I came from an S65 which is hard to beat.