BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-24-2020, 06:28 PM   #23
Cogitoergosum
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Gator View Post
Nice to see these prices but more important is the positive feedback from previous/new owners who appreciate the sum of the parts of this car. My 1M is one of 2 produced - now has 7k miles. I ordered and bought it new. I dont think many people understand - this is a special car - I don't think I will ever sell it.
Is it a funky color or something?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 02:15 PM   #24
iDontRemember
Ding Dong!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogitoergosum View Post
Is it a funky color or something?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #25
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Nice to see these prices but more important is the positive feedback from previous/new owners who appreciate the sum of the parts of this car. My 1M is one of 2 produced - now has 7k miles. I ordered and bought it new. I dont think many people understand - this is a special car - I don't think I will ever sell it.
I'm 110% agree, and just want to wish tornado good luck on his sale. I got the 2018 Porsche gt3, love it, but if I'm gonna get rid of one, I'll get rid of the GT3 first before the 1M. Just honest opinion, no matter how much I love the screaming 9k rpm lol.
Appreciate 2
seis-speed2430.50
Tornado1M1209.00
      01-02-2021, 07:31 PM   #26
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
Quote:
I'm 110% agree, and just want to wish tornado good luck on his sale. I got the 2018 Porsche gt3, love it, but if I'm gonna get rid of one, I'll get rid of the GT3 first before the 1M. Just honest opinion, no matter how much I love the screaming 9k rpm lol.
We all go through stages and changes in tastes and what turns us on so I get it. There are many reasons to sell. Sometimes you don't drive enough or too much traffic or snow. So we'll miss tornado for sure. With that said I sold my first euro delivery 1M and sampled tons of other cars including the cayman and bought a used 1M again. I have stared at regret squarely in the eyes and folded. So it will be hard foe me to sell again because this is a really special car. I see it. I remember when Brady took over the patriots. I was impressed and bet $5 the following year in the patriots to win the Súper bowl. That was the first one with Brady. I have that same feeling that this is a really special car for guys like me that fell in love with BMWs up to the E46. It's not for everyone as evidenced by so many into infotainment and trying to add active suspensions to 1M but for old school bmw fans this is parting gift from bmw as they left to pursue SUVs and the masses. It is the last of the analog and first of the turbo M cars and even when I don't drive it it makes me smile as I walk by it in the garage. Best wishes Tornado. It's been great having you around.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1209.00
      01-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #27
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Thanks all for the well wishes!

I've actually been hit up a handful of times with interest for my 1M since I first started this thread.

This coming Wednesday the 6th I'm waking her up from her winter hibernation to do a PPI for a very interested buyer.

It's a bit surreal and much much faster than I anticipated....however, I go with the flow.

I'll keep you all posted!

Happy New Year 🥳
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #28
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Coming from a passion for BMWs that started with E30s, I have mixed feelings about these pricing threads for 1Ms. Honestly, the car is a unicorn and we all understand that. I think there are only two approaches with deciding to purchase a 1M.

1. Find a low-mileage bone stock example in VO and baby it
2. Find a well cared for example in AW/SB with some miles and rebuild it polishing out the minor imperfections of a parts-bin masterpiece that is the culmination of many (82) evolutions over the same design principles.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #29
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UN1CORM View Post
Coming from a passion for BMWs that started with E30s, I have mixed feelings about these pricing threads for 1Ms. Honestly, the car is a unicorn and we all understand that. I think there are only two approaches with deciding to purchase a 1M.

1. Find a low-mileage bone stock example in VO and baby it
2. Find a well cared for example in AW/SB with some miles and rebuild it polishing out the minor imperfections of a parts-bin masterpiece that is the culmination of many (82) evolutions over the same design principles.
3. Find a higher mileage "driver" and DRIVE it as intended.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 3
Tornado1M1209.00
PRTSB1M294.00
JP-1M171.00
      01-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #30
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
3. Find a higher mileage "driver" and DRIVE it as intended.
Ha, yeah, I think my car is probably in this bucket. Got it w/49k miles on it and had definitely been driven. The previous (3rd) owner had it for 7ish years. I’m still trying to make it newish, again. The car was still very clean and original when I received it.
Appreciate 2
CarJunkie2616.50
Tornado1M1209.00
      01-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #31
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Please explain how you have "1 of two produced"?