BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
BMWtheone
Ordered BMW 128i Coupe on 4/25
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisryanc View Post
Just got an email back today from my CA stating that I am production week #23. So depressing. I ordered it on 4/12. I doubt it will be here by July 1 which is when I wanted it for a big beach vacation...I ordered it back in April thinking that it would probably take a while, but not this long. I think what is disappointing/frustrating is that the CA wasn't forthright with the production date. He just kept responding to emails that it should go into production mid-May. I think he knew all along what production week his dealership was allotted and kept that from me so I wouldn't take my business to another dealership who had a better production week allocation.

I will have already missed half the summer without the car (it's a convertible, so warm weather is kinda a big deal for enjoying the top down).

The CA also said in today's email that there was a delay at the factory. He said he'd try to find out more tomorrow. I think it's all B.S. and he's just trying to cover up the fact he had a far off production date allocation.
Hey buddy - sorry to hear about your experience. And not to make it worse but I do believe that your sales advisor is lying. There are no delays at the factory. My car started production 3 days after I ordered it and took all of 11 days for the car to be produced. I just received word that my car is on the ship to Baltimore with an ETA of 5/26. I am disappointed I would miss the memorial day weekend but it's still good timing !

Anyhow, I would recommend you contact North America BMW or the HQ in Munich and complaint to get some incentive from the dealer. That's the least they can do for you. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
morrisryanc
Wrap anything in bacon and it's instantly better.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 28i M-Sport

In Production, Finally!

Just checked online and it looks like the 128i convertible I ordered is finally being built. The 1-800 number said it will be done May 31st.

So, ordered at dealership and received production # on April 12, with production completion on May 31st...That's a long time. I think my dealer conveniently never told me the production date he was allotted...so frustrating.

Glad it's finally being built, although I will have missed all of Spring season which permits driving with the top down without sweating in the muggier Summer heat...I'll get over it when it arrives.
WTB: 2021-22 BMW M3 Base | 2020 Porsche 911 S | 2019 VW Tiguan | 2015 Audi A8 L TDI | 2016 Mercedes C300 Sport (Ret.) | 2013 X3 28i ///M Sport (Ret.)| 2012 128i Cabrio (Ret.) | 2009 Yamaha R6 (Ret.) | 2010 Mercedes C300 Sport (Ret.) | 2006 MINI Cooper S (Ret.)
Appreciate 0