BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

For those in Rockland area

Received this e-mail a few days ago. Im pretty sure this is the dealer in Nanuet/Spring Valley off route 59. Just an FYI if you are in the neighborhood and havent seen either of these cars or are curious to what this secret vehicle is. Im guessing its the x6 or whatever that new suv is. I will do my best to bring my camera and take pics.

You are cordially invited to attend our Launch Event of the brand new 1 series and the M3 on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. We will also be unveiling a secret vehicle to spice up the event. Vertigo will be our caterer providing hor's doeuvre for the evening. Look forward to seeing you at the event!

Sincerely,
Alan Fong
Wide World BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

did you see any ones there? i'm still waiting for the delivery.... maybe i';; head up there tomm.
      03-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Havent been there yet. Im going today around 7. I got my camera charging at home so I will take lots of pics and walk the lot to see if they have any 1 series around besides the show ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves85 View Post
Havent been there yet. Im going today around 7. I got my camera charging at home so I will take lots of pics and walk the lot to see if they have any 1 series around besides the show ones.
sounds good... let me know the outcome. I'm trying my best to get up there.
      03-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Got back from the show a little while ago. I didnt see any white coupes with red leather. Drove around the pre-owned lot across the street to make sure. The secret car was the x6 suv. Very cool looking car! Too many people were around it so I couldnt get any good pics. The M3 also looked amazing. The buldge in the hood made it look very powerful and angry.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Few Questions:
1) Bottom of second pic is an M badge on the steering wheel. Is this the unoffical M1 or they just having fun?
2) Third pic-what is the point of that wierd back on the sunroof? I like how when its open it goes into the car instead of above it
3) fifth pic-instrument panels light up at night right? what color?
4) last pic- those rims standard? one of the free options?

The paddle shifters are thick. They had ferraris right next door and those are nice long thin ones. Im a whimp and getting automatic so this is a concern for me. Those red seats are pimpin!!
Ryan just one request. If you are getting these red leather seats you much buy a pink fuzzy hat, leapord print fuzzy long jacket and a crystal cane.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep

nice... i couldn't make it but dealer just called and i'll have it on sat.
      03-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thats good to hear. I have a 5pm appointment tomorrow to test drive the 135 from the event last night. Maybe I'll get to see your car before you take it away on Saturday. The black with the red interior looked really cool. Im curious to see how it does on white.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves85 View Post
Few Questions:
1) Bottom of second pic is an M badge on the steering wheel. Is this the unoffical M1 or they just having fun?
2) Third pic-what is the point of that wierd back on the sunroof? I like how when its open it goes into the car instead of above it
3) fifth pic-instrument panels light up at night right? what color?
4) last pic- those rims standard? one of the free options?

The paddle shifters are thick. They had ferraris right next door and those are nice long thin ones. Im a whimp and getting automatic so this is a concern for me. Those red seats are pimpin!!
Ryan just one request. If you are getting these red leather seats you much buy a pink fuzzy hat, leapord print fuzzy long jacket and a crystal cane.
1) It's just some ///M badging they add to the ///M Sport steering wheel, which basically is a thicker steering wheel that comes with the Sports package.
2) Probably for airflow management over the open sunroof.
3) All BMWs light up amber at night
4) That is the standard rim for the 135i (Style 264)
Appreciate 0