BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Falken Azenis 510

Just put a set of these on my car.
Vmr 703 front 8.5/ 35 and rear 9.5/ 45, I put 225 40-18 and 255 35-18
Fit perfectly and no rubbing even with my squishy oem suspension.
Paid $448 to my door.

I was looking for a tire to get me through until I decide what I'm going to do about wheels. The vmr's are great but I'd like to have 2 sets of wheels and tires and might want 19's soon. I'm moving and this should be the last couple months of cold weather my car sees. And it's been a pretty warm winter so far.
Anyway first 4 days I drove with these were all raining and I actually went with these just because they are supposed to be great in the rain. I've done a few wet tests and they really are great in the rain. No hydroplaning in hard rain on the highway. Great turning on wet roads. Really nice wet braking. And I did a few hard brakes.
Today was the first dry day to see how they perform. My normal log in 3rd gear without traction control normally gets a little tire spin once I hit wot , today it held tight. I didnt try any launches but these rb stg2's pretty much guaranteed wheel spin on any tire. I don't like to evaluate tires until they have at least 500-1000 miles on them. So I will wait to give my overall opinion . Right now I'm really impressed at the quality for the price.
My tire experience is pretty extensive. I've had a ton of different brands and performance levels. But on this particular car I can only compare them to the I-move tires that were on the car when I bought it. They were new so I figured I'd use them up before buying new. And so far the Falkens kill my old tires. My decision was made to buy conti x-contact sports and I was ready to do it. Until I talked to friend of mine who sells all top brands and he told me to try them. Told me he would give me cost -25% on my next set if I didnt like them.
They say these have more side roll than top tier tires, I've not noticed it yet and for 1/2 the price if they do I can live with it. Lol

Don't see many of these on 1's so I figured I'd put this up.
Take this with a grain of salt until I get some milage on them and try all situations
Appreciate 0