BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

I will try invisible glass and see how it goes...

I read that article Greg posted, and I do exactly what they say not to do (spray directly on the glass, overuse, etc), but invisible glass says to do it by spraying on the glass. Anyway, I'll pick some up next time and give it a try.

Right now I'm using Eagle One 20/20 and I can't get the damn streaks away! I think everything looks great and then I pull out into the sun and just lines everywhere. I tried microfiber, cotton, same thing over and over.
      12-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #24
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
Used Invisible Glass today. Worked like a charm. Thanks for everyone's recommendations!
where do you get them?
wallmart / canada tire have them?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 04:28 AM   #25
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Glass cleaning has always presented a challenge for professional and enthusiast detailers, both demand perfection with streak-free, crystal-clear glass. But without using the correct methodology and quality products required to produce perfectly clear glass surfaces every time
Glass cleaning products contain a combination of ingredients including alcohol, ammonia, and detergents that will clean, but may also cause steaks. Depending on how fast or slow these ingredients evaporate, and their concentration, streaking problems may occur. The residue from these ingredients sometimes dries and evaporates on the glass before they are removed .As with all chemicals they need a certain amount of time to work, so allow area to soak for a few minutes, dry the glass with a clean, dry towel. For each area of glass use the clean side of a folded towel

Use dedicated Lint-Free Surgical Towels; they have a tight cotton herringbone weave that is ideal for hard surfaces like glass Towels by Dr Joe. Fold the towel in half and then half again Mist the glass surface with 1:1 ratio of distilled white vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle or Stoners Invisible Glass™ Trigger Spray Bottle. Use one towel for product application and one for removal / buffing. Once glass surfaces are clean and dry protect it with a sealant or wax.

Drying Pattern
Use a different drying pattern for interior / exterior glass surfaces (i.e. horizontal for interior and vertical for exterior) utilizing this technique you can easily determine the location of any streaking.

An extract from one of a series of unbiased “Detailing Technical Papers” © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved.
Appreciate 0