BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
My CA called today and said he got an allocation for an M2CS. I had asked him to tell me if that happened, and my wife had also been checking out the car. She has driven my 1M, but is very anxious with the manual transmission, as she never learned when young. She has practices with our e30 325e, and RX8, and knows that the 1M is awesome, but just lacks confidence with her manual driving skills.

We spec'd Misano Blue, black wheels with PSC2 tires, DCT.

The 1M will continue down the road of dedicated track car, which is its natural fate. In 10 years, I'll be 57 and may be ready to retire my left foot, and the M2CS will be ready and able to assume the role!

__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2020, 02:43 AM   #2
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
242
Rep
1,643
Posts

Drives: an 1M not often enough
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: between Unlimited and Hard to Get

iTrader: (0)

Congrats, nice evolution. Your mods kind off gave away this outcome. Interested in the comparison.
Appreciate 1
CarJunkie674.00

      09-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
Tornado1M
Captain
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
659
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

CONGRATS!!!!


I got a call as well yesterday from my SA, I'm not sure about it at the moment and on the fence. Most likely will give up my allocation. Need to make a decision by Friday.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
CONGRATS!!!!


I got a call as well yesterday from my SA, I'm not sure about it at the moment and on the fence. Most likely will give up my allocation. Need to make a decision by Friday.
Would you be able to keep the 1M? If I had to offload the 1M to do it, I would also pass....I am lucky to have room for both, and an accommodating wife!
__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M659.00

      09-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
UN1CORM
Enlisted Member
United_States
9
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: AW3 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Old Town Rd

iTrader: (0)

I was looking at the M2 CS and decided the car just wasn't worth it when 1M was available and also my true dream car. I'm only 36, so I might think differently at 47

I'd rather run the N54 in the 1M into the ground and then try to swap an S55 into it than pay through the nose for the CS. It's a lesser car than the 1M, for sure. I already have a carbon driveshaft for the 1M, and it is stupid light...

All that aside, I really hope to get a ride in someone else's M2CS.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #6
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
seis-speed's Avatar
United_States
1715
Rep
1,630
Posts

Drives: 1M | Golf R | 911
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

OP congrats!! S55 is a beast of a motor, especially if tuned. Of all the new cars outside of the 992 GT3, the M2cs is the car I would get if I did not love the cars I already have.

If you ever thought about the 6MT for your wife - The newer 6MT's with rev-matching are super easy to drive, put it into efficient mode & go. My wife drove my F80 several times when I had a few too many drinks and it was no problem, even though she had not driven 6MT since her Freshman year in college.

Tornado1M have you driven an M2 Comp? They are very different than our 1M's. I am passing on my M2cs slot, with no Euro Delivery and delving into my second 911.

I think I would always regret selling my 1M over the excitement of the newer car, but everyone is different, a single owner car is enticing to me, specced and ordered just how I want it, but the 1M is too good to let go, JMO.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M659.00

      09-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #7
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
It's official.

Ordered at MSRP, and will be able to apply my BMWCCA and employer discounts.

__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M659.00

      09-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
UN1CORM
Enlisted Member
United_States
9
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: AW3 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Old Town Rd

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
It's official.

Ordered at MSRP, and will be able to apply my BNWCCA and employer discounts.

Glad you got it at MSRP w/discounts I know that wouldn't happen over here on the west side. I'd say they owe you a euro delivery though.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 11:38 PM   #9
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1481
Rep
2,419
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
In 10 years, I'll be 57 and may be ready to retire my left foot, and the M2CS will be ready and able to assume the role!

Are you serious? Honestly, buying a new car and making plans for it, 10 years from now? Lots can happen in 10 years.
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; 3 Pedal Fanatic
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 11:42 PM   #10
Tornado1M
Captain
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
659
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
OP congrats!! S55 is a beast of a motor, especially if tuned. Of all the new cars outside of the 992 GT3, the M2cs is the car I would get if I did not love the cars I already have.

If you ever thought about the 6MT for your wife - The newer 6MT's with rev-matching are super easy to drive, put it into efficient mode & go. My wife drove my F80 several times when I had a few too many drinks and it was no problem, even though she had not driven 6MT since her Freshman year in college.

Tornado1M have you driven an M2 Comp? They are very different than our 1M's. I am passing on my M2cs slot, with no Euro Delivery and delving into my second 911.

I think I would always regret selling my 1M over the excitement of the newer car, but everyone is different, a single owner car is enticing to me, specced and ordered just how I want it, but the 1M is too good to let go, JMO.
I have and while I didn't necessarily feel like it was all that special......I thought maybe the CS would step it up a notch. However, the additional $25K for the CS really kills it for me. I just don't see the overall value proposition for it. If it were maybe $10-12k over the M2C then maybe?

So, I've decided to give up my allocation and hold out for a P car hopefully sometime in 2021.

As for my baby M, yes...agreed! Would be tough to give her up :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 01:22 AM   #11
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
In 10 years, I'll be 57 and may be ready to retire my left foot, and the M2CS will be ready and able to assume the role!

Are you serious? Honestly, buying a new car and making plans for it, 10 years from now? Lots can happen in 10 years.
Sure. I don't plan to sell the 1M, but the time will come when it will start costing too much to maintain for track use. Will something else woo me away between now and then as a replacement track car? I suppose it's possible but there is no P-car dealer or reputable Indy shop with P-car credentials within 165 miles, and I probably would never track a brand new car. The M2cs in stock form will be an equivalent replacement for my heavily modded 1M, which I will enjoy further modifying for the next few years. At some point, I will be done with that and will want something with unmodded reliability to replace it and there is literally nothing else I would buy right now that fits the bill. If I had a local dealer, or even if our best Porsche Indy guy didn't leave town in March to become crew chief for a Porsche racing team, the GT4 would have been a serious consideration.

And there is something to be said for owning both low production BMW M cars from this millennium and being able to drive them back to back whenever I want to. I am, after all, a self proclaimed CarJunkie. My wife has declared herself my enabler, and can't wait to drive it.
__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #12
ShocknAwe
1Addict
ShocknAwe's Avatar
United_States
2722
Rep
7,343
Posts

Drives: E82 Mutt
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston

iTrader: (22)

Congrats on the CS, OP. They're special cars especially with the S55 top end opened up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN1CORM View Post
I was looking at the M2 CS and decided the car just wasn't worth it when 1M was available and also my true dream car. I'm only 36, so I might think differently at 47

I'd rather run the N54 in the 1M into the ground and then try to swap an S55 into it than pay through the nose for the CS. It's a lesser car than the 1M, for sure. I already have a carbon driveshaft for the 1M, and it is stupid light...

All that aside, I really hope to get a ride in someone else's M2CS.
Have you posted your impressions of the CF driveshaft somewhere? Looking into options for one to put between my twin disk 6MT and Drexler diff.
__________________
2010 135i 6MT Jet Black
N54/3 Converted ///Mutt | BUILD THREAD | GARAGE SALE
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #13
UN1CORM
Enlisted Member
United_States
9
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: AW3 1M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Old Town Rd

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Congrats on the CS, OP. They're special cars especially with the S55 top end opened up a bit.



Have you posted your impressions of the CF driveshaft somewhere? Looking into options for one to put between my twin disk 6MT and Drexler diff.
I'm waiting on a few more "while you're in there" pieces to come in (dinan ssk, akg DSSR/carrier bushings and trans mounts) before I install it; but I plan to post my thoughts here, after I do.

I've only had the car for about a month, so I won't be able to give great feedback on "at the limits" differences. I can tell you that I've held several BMW (E30 and N55 135i) driveshafts in my hands before and this YCW unit from teammfactory.com is incredibly light (most of the weight is in the rear CV-joint). Reviews I found on other forums claim it is one of the best drivetrain mods you can do, and that it reduces NVH. Weighs ~12lbs, according to bathroom scale.

Last edited by UN1CORM; 09-11-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #14
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
seis-speed's Avatar
United_States
1715
Rep
1,630
Posts

Drives: 1M | Golf R | 911
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

I just passed on my M2cs allocation, but if someone is looking, PM me. Each dealer will 'potentially' only get one and they have a short window to process.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #15
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Got a production number this morning.
__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
GimmeanM605.00
Tornado1M659.00

      09-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #16
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
GimmeanM's Avatar
United_States
605
Rep
692
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M (AW)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Got a production number this morning.
I'm also getting one and keeping my 1M. Congrats OP! I'm excited!
__________________
Appreciate 2
CarJunkie674.00
Tornado1M659.00

      09-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #17
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Got a production number this morning.
I'm also getting one and keeping my 1M. Congrats OP! I'm excited!
You need to change your name to GimmeanotherM!
__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
GimmeanM605.00

      09-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #18
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
GimmeanM's Avatar
United_States
605
Rep
692
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M (AW)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
You need to change your name to GimmeanotherM!
I had always used GimmeanM3 since back in the AOL instant messenger days and it was actually @Artemis that suggested I change my name back when I originally got my 1M:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...6&postcount=15

Maybe GimmeanM&M? Haha. I'll just leave it alone
__________________
Appreciate 1
CarJunkie674.00

      09-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #19
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
674
Rep
1,678
Posts

Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
You need to change your name to GimmeanotherM!
I had always used GimmeanM3 since back in the AOL instant messenger days and it was actually @Artemis that suggested I change my name back when I originally got my 1M:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...8;postcount=15

Maybe GimmeanM&M? Haha. I'll just leave it alone
Hilarious
__________________
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #20
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
FIRSTM's Avatar
United_States
131
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

congrats carjunkie, looking forward for your review and comparisons. I already max out my car acquisition. Wife says that's enough, I traded the GTR for the P-car "50th anniversary edition 911' and finally traded that one in for the 991.2 GT3, you know the one that's available with 6MT. Hence I haven't been on here much, but been driven the 1M and GT3 both alternate them weekly or biweekly.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #21
E30 Racer
Captain
E30 Racer's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
696
Posts

Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
congrats carjunkie, looking forward for your review and comparisons. I already max out my car acquisition. Wife says that's enough, I traded the GTR for the P-car "50th anniversary edition 911' and finally traded that one in for the 991.2 GT3, you know the one that's available with 6MT. Hence I haven't been on here much, but been driven the 1M and GT3 both alternate them weekly or biweekly.
Would you say having a 1M and GT3 is too redundant?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #22
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
FIRSTM's Avatar
United_States
131
Rep
347
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
Would you say having a 1M and GT3 is too redundant?
hell no, 1M and gt3 totally diff, very, one is twin turbo, the other NA boxer 6,
one is 50/50 weight ratio, the other is fat in the rear, 2 seater vs 4, and the list goes on...
Appreciate 2
seis-speed1714.50
CarJunkie674.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST