BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

FBO issues

Hey everyone..
Went fbo early this week..
vrsf cp
" dp
" 7 inch fmic
" outlet
K&n drop in
Dp is catless!

When we installed the dp the post o2 was pretty much welded on the stock dp..
It's currently halfway threaded in so I can put around while I wait for new Bosch o2 in the mail..
Also had some shitty new tire issues but currently got 4s all the way around.

Getting the 3106 code which I hear is notorious with the catless dp.. or I'm getting it t cuz the rear o2 is half way installed..
First and second, pull.. not hard but at least pulls me back a bit.. from there on, it feels like I'm pulling a trailer.. don't have logs as I have nothing to log with..
Turner gauge won't hit the original 10.5 11.2 max psi that I was getting with the oem bits..
Question is, why would I be getting 9ish psi and motor sounds like it's working just as hard as before (plus added noise due to dp etc) but feels like I'm pulling a trailer??
I clear the 3106 code while cars on FYi and it just feels .... asleep.
Please if anyone can give me a idea of something I should look for ..
Keep in mind car was as always before the install..
All couplings are tight.. dp and midpipe seal were tightened with a impact soo don't think they're a leak there..
I know I need a tune to wreak the benefit of these parts but car should at least be as good as stock????
Also, semi bad lag

Please help
      09-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
bmwbrad22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 M3 Comp Pkg

Garage List
2018 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
How will you be tuning the car ? And it can be sluggish due to the larger inter cooler that's my only assumption if nothing is showing for codes and nothing else is wrong.

2018 Mineral White M3 /// Comp Package
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

You need a tune
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

went to active autowerke.. got a tune.. should b at 16-18psi .. turner gauge wont go higher than 12.7 ish..
found small leaks in fmic to turbo inlet.. and a crimp in the intake rubber boot..also broken o ring at the charge pipe when installed (prev mech must of piched it installing)
still cant hit 16+
after a long night of problems with k suite .. had to go to bit box to get trhe checksum to rectify while writing ..
soo back to the mech shop this week to leave the car..
could my plugs be "not up to par" at 27k??
or turbo lines??
im bout pissed off by now after two full days at shop.. keep in mind I had other things installed so it wasn't 2 full days diagnosing tune/leaks etc.. but fuck im over it!!
      09-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Might be a ripped Diverter Valve. Time for GFB DV+
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
I have one bnib... they wanted two hours of labor to install :
      09-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
Quote:
I have one bnib... they wanted two hours of labor to install :
I also have one BNIB, haven't gotten around to installing. 2 hours sounds about right, if going by the book. I think you need to loosen the steering rack, and then loosen the water pump /thermostat to get to one of the bolts.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #8
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

so after a supposed bad solenoid being the culprit for not reaching 16psi ish..
I bit and changed the faulty solenoid..i also got a good price on installing the gfb dv+
.. when I get there late in the afternoon.. car is being hooked up to the laptop???
so after going bat shit with the billing dept (what a nightmare) and leaving to try out my "fixed" car..
I start to wonder, why if the solenoid is the "weak link".. why was my car being re-tuned or flashed?
if the tune was good and the noid was bad.. by installing the new noid…. target boost should be achieved???
so why re tune/ flash???
this morning I get 2c90 on my turner gauge.. ive read blow off closure... wich people are writing off as a flasher code disregard..
well I wasn't getting this code when I supposibly had a bad noid and wouldn't go over 12.5 psi..
somethings telling me they just bumped up the pre boost in the flash after seeing maybe the noid wasn't the issue?? idk im no tuner or mech soo im stumped..
they car is hitting high 16's after 3500 rpm wich it wasn't doing before.. but now with the 2c90 code..
and what leads me to believe they just altered the tune.. is because again.. after putting the noid(wich was the weak link for not hitting target boost) why re flash?? or alter tune..
is this code normal?
did I get hosed??
edit:they also fucking didn't leave the burbles at atleast ppk level... wich they didn't put in the first day.. put back the second day of diagnosing the lack of boost.. and after the third full day nightmare stated above... is missing the ppk level burble..theirs some burble just not the fuckin ak47 ppk burble I was getting..

Last edited by elitesales305; 09-12-2019 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: ppk
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #9
Blown95ImpalaSS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: s54 e36 m3/4/5

hard to read man. what tune is on the car, MHD OTS map or ?

can you type out all codes you're getting?

please take a log and post it with datazap so we can help
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #10
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Whenever I see posts like this I wish the OP was local so I could just go troubleshoot their car - You always get hosed on stuff like this from local shops because it can take hours hunting down little issues.

2c90 is generally just tune related and you can ignore it. Did they do an OTS tune or Custom? Do you have any logs?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #11
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM98 View Post
Whenever I see posts like this I wish the OP was local so I could just go troubleshoot their car - You always get hosed on stuff like this from local shops because it can take hours hunting down little issues.

2c90 is generally just tune related and you can ignore it. Did they do an OTS tune or Custom? Do you have any logs?
Well, no logs.. might get the mhd one here soon..
It was a ots as per active auto as a custom tune would cost more
800 included unlock/ and 0
O2 delete and ofcourse the tune..
When i weighed out options i was looking at mhd for 300$ plus sending my dme to unlock for 100$ in california .. and i sadi to myself ..
These guys "know what their doing" and for a savings of 400$ plus the down time of the dme getting shipped out and the possibility of me fucking up the flash process(dont own a battery tender)
I might as well bite and spend the extra green..
i was also promised some minor tweaks to my liking (burble,cold start etc)
All in all the car is hitting 18psi now for a short burst ussuallu stays at around 15-16 psi
But jesus i practically troubleshooted and changed boost solenoid etc and apent an arm and a leg..
Keep in mind two full days of sitting there and getting my car keya handed to me at 7pm each day ..
The second day as stated earlier.. i got the keys at 7.. and after the test drive to no avail on the target boost the car didnt start.. something about a checksum error when writing....
All in all they only comped the smoke test they did to find the leak wich they advised if it was something they didnt touch they would charge the smoke test.. wtf you literally have installed everything that could b leaking sooo i know they wernt gonna hose me on the smoke test.. ohh and they gave me a ice cream for sitting there two full days from 9-8
The third day they wanted me to leave my car.. funny how when im not sitting over them the third day they find the issue and bill me 3 hours and the solenoid..
And then when i went to pay it was another ordeal.. the lady kept insisting me to pay the bill(second time she does it) before i know my car is fixed/ test drive.. after some choice words i got the fuck out of there not expecting results and said id never go again.
Bottomline, if u dont have a 100k car and leave a blank check.. they dont look out for you and bill u for ur smile.. these people have a knife between their teeth.. the story doesnt end their.. the mech first day wa awesome.. hen i find out its his second week there coming from a at home mech prev job.. by the time this got sorted out a week later.. he took another job.. end of the story is, all these people we worried about was a supra they have there for r&d for all the parts they plan on making and having ready for the tuner market on the supra .. and dont give three fucks about a guy with a 20k 1series .. and upsils me on everything.. from now on ill youtube mech or 1addicts my car and if i blow it up ill feel better for not paying someone a arm and a leg to blow it up for me..
      09-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #12
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
When i weighed out options i was looking at mhd for 300$ plus sending my dme to unlock for 100$ in california .. and i sadi to myself ..
These guys "know what their doing" and for a savings of 400$ plus the down time of the dme getting shipped out and the possibility of me fucking up the flash process(dont own a battery tender)
All in all the car is hitting 18psi now for a short burst ussuallu stays at around 15-16 psi
But jesus i practically troubleshooted and changed boost solenoid etc and apent an arm and a leg..
Keep in mind two full days of sitting there and getting my car keya handed to me at 7pm each day ..
The second day as stated earlier.. i got the keys at 7.. and after the test drive to no avail on the target boost the car didnt start.. something about a checksum error when writing....
All in all they only comped the smoke test they did to find the leak wich they advised if it was something they didnt touch they would charge the smoke test.. wtf you literally have installed everything that could b leaking sooo i know they wernt gonna hose me on the smoke test.. ohh and they gave me a ice cream for sitting there two full days from 9-8
The third day they wanted me to leave my car.. funny how when im not sitting over them the third day they find the issue and bill me 3 hours and the solenoid..
And then when i went to pay it was another ordeal.. the lady kept insisting me to pay the bill(second time she does it) before i know my car is fixed/ test drive.. after some choice words i got the fuck out of there not expecting results and said id never go again.
Bottomline, if u dont have a 100k car and leave a blank check.. they dont look out for you and bill u for ur smile.. these people have a knife between their teeth.. the story doesnt end their.. the mech first day wa awesome.. hen i find out its his second week there coming from a at home mech prev job.. by the time this got sorted out a week later.. he took another job.. end of the story is, all these people we worried about was a supra they have there for r&d for all the parts they plan on making and having ready for the tuner market on the supra .. and dont give three fucks about a guy with a 20k 1series .. and upsils me on everything.. from now on ill youtube mech or 1addicts my car and if i blow it up ill feel better for not paying someone a arm and a leg to blow it up for me..
We're here for you man. Take a deep breath and the people here will help you get through this.

But yes, first things first, get a log going (do some searching on how to log, what gears etc). I think you can use MHD to log even with a locked DME.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 12:33 AM   #13
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We're here for you man. Take a deep breath and the people here will help you get through this.

But yes, first things first, get a log going (do some searching on how to log, what gears etc). I think you can use MHD to log even with a locked DME.
Dme is unlocked now.. and today rhe shit hit the fan.. car is sputtering when i floor it.. misfire???
Had a forum member on here thats local tey and run some logs but to no avail.. protoolz was acting up and wouldnt log
Noticed the car shakes a bit at idle but now when i punch it.. it fun mg sputters.. buddy says it seems like throttle closure..
Advised to do plugs since i was running stock plugs and at 28k miles ahoudl replace anyways especially after tune:
Dont wanna goto active to see if its the tune at rhia point i feel like driving the car straight thru their front door
      09-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #14
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dme is unlocked now.. and today rhe shit hit the fan.. car is sputtering when i floor it.. misfire???
Had a forum member on here thats local tey and run some logs but to no avail.. protoolz was acting up and wouldnt log
Noticed the car shakes a bit at idle but now when i punch it.. it fun mg sputters.. buddy says it seems like throttle closure..
Advised to do plugs since i was running stock plugs and at 28k miles ahoudl replace anyways especially after tune:
Dont wanna goto active to see if its the tune at rhia point i feel like driving the car straight thru their front door
Chargepipe? Or could just be a big boost somewhere else. Coupler could come loose.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 12:37 AM   #15
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Chargepipe? Or could just be a big boost somewhere else. Coupler could come loose.
Ur saying i should check for leaks??? Fuck shot was tightened up when i picked up the car mid last week.. shit come loose that often??
      09-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #16
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ur saying i should check for leaks??? Fuck shot was tightened up when i picked up the car mid last week.. shit come loose that often??
How many miles since then? And have you been driving it hard? Or just driving it hard now to do these pulls for the log?
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 12:40 AM   #17
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How many miles since then? And have you been driving it hard? Or just driving it hard now to do these pulls for the log?
A tank of gas 250 miles maybe 300 miles.. and yes i dogged a couple of chargers since then
Actually two fill ups 500 miles give or take