BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

01-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #45
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zba857 View Post
What was your agenda when you started this thread? To get people to side w/ you? Get people to appreciate your mod? Justify the money you spent on a throttle shortener? I am curious... Please forgive me if i am coming off as abrasive or biased, i just strive for clarity and truth. I respect honesty much more than sugar coated shit.
I had and still have no agenda. I was simply trying to see if any of you guys had tried or were going to try the Sprint Booster. I find it amazing how people can talk so negatively about a product without even trying it. Especially when thousands of people, myself included have it and can attest to its benefits. How can anyone argue with first hand experience???? All of you guys knocking the product without ever even driving a car with it installed speaks volumes as to the type of people on this site. It blows my mind how some people can be so narrow minded and stubborn as to argue the benefits of a product without ever trying it with someone who uses it on a daily basis. Wonders never cease to amaze me. Rant over. Thanks. :thumbup:

Mods feel free to close this thread down as it has gotten way off track and has become a back and forth between people who have acutally used the product and those that refuse it actually works.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #46
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

This thread is worthless without numbers.
      01-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #47
Stay a while and listen...
Rep
Drives: vr4

Please, I see no reason to close this thread as it should be very informative for a prospective Sprint Booster purchaser. This thread has opinions that differ. Not much unlike any other thread on any other forum.

Just because you don't like what people are saying about your mod is no reason to close the thread.

Quote:
I gave up on these guys.
All i am asking is what is it that you 'gave up on'?
Quote:
...and those that refuse it actually works.
Never once have i doubted the device's ability to 'work'. I think there is just a misunderstanding as to what 'work' the device is doing.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #48
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickone View Post
Agree eunosracr, sadly I see this site turning into the immature E90 site.

Garret,

I have a 545i and have been to many E60 meets organized by the E60 forum. I have driven both a 530i and 545i with the sprint booster. I am just relaying info from a first hand experience. It is like night and day. There is many members with this mod, even M5 owners. I don't give a sh*t if you or anyone else buys one, because I don't even have one, my E60 is bone stock. But I will defend a product that I know for sure lives up to the hype. I have driven BMW's since I was 16 and I am on my 6th bimmer, they all have had the throttle lag.

I just think its so funny when people talk down on a product, when they havn't even experienced it. Especially when there is many bimmer owners out there with cars that cost more than twice what a 1er cost, saying it was one of their best mods.

Interesting!

You've owned alot of BMW's and yet you had no idea that you didn't need to buy such a product, you just needed to train your electronic thottle to respond quicker..? It takes about a week and it's FREE!

I'm sure the product work as intended (?), but what I am suggesting is that it uneccessary, because the same outcome can be had for free if you know how to do it!

Sorry to deflate your crusade, but those are the facts!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #49
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

for your viewing pleasure...just search for Sprint Booster on youtube

listen to commentary at end

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #50
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Interesting!

You've owned alot of BMW's and yet you had no idea that you didn't need to buy such a product, you just needed to train your electronic thottle to respond quicker..? It takes about a week and it's FREE!

I'm sure the product work as intended (?), but what I am suggesting is that it uneccessary, because the same outcome can be had for free if you know how to do it!

Sorry to deflate your crusade, but those are the facts!

-Garrett
I seriously don't get why you feel you have to be sarcastic and talk down to someone on a forum. Its like when I was defending peoples choice of buying the Dinan software and people went off on their rants.

I didn't hear of this product until last year, when it blew up on the E60 forum.

Seriously head over the E60 forum and read about it. You can do all the arguing you want with people who have a sprint booster.

Once again I am only relaying info and my experience testing the product. If you think I am lying for some reason, so be it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #51
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
listen to commentary
LOL! "I can feel the Stage 1"

mkay.. so you have proven that you can post completely useless youtube links...

i can too...

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #52
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I seriously don't get why you feel you have to be sarcastic and talk down to someone on a forum. Its like when I was defending peoples choice of buying the Dinan software and people went off on their rants.

I didn't hear of this product until last year, when it blew up on the E60 forum.

Seriously head over the E60 forum and read about it. You can do all the arguing you want with people who have a sprint booster.

Once again I am only relaying info and my experience testing the product. If you think I am lying for some reason, so be it.

Sorry...! I do not need to hear peoples reviews over at E90 to know that:

A) They're stupid
b) They were ignorant of the fact BMW's can inherently do this without additional money!

The point I am making is that I am sure this product does EXACTLY what it's intended to do... It probably makes the throttle awsome! But 90% of the people who own BMW's are unaware that they can train their stock throttle to do what the Sprint Booster does.

So essentially, only an ignorant (not knowing) person would purchase this product... then give rave reviews about it...!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 02:37 AM   #53
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

A) They're stupid
b) They were ignorant of the fact BMW's can inherently do this without additional money!

So essentially, only an ignorant (not knowing) person would purchase this product... then give rave reviews about it...!

What is your problem, did I catch you on a bad day, or are you normally like this?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #54
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

ENOUGH OF THIS!!!! MR. T SAYS, "SHUT IT FOOLS! OR I'M GONNA HIT YOU SO HARD I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU INTO NEXT WEEK!" We've got enough BMW owners forums bashing each others' forums. Let's not let this one be another one of those. The buck stops here.

And all cars equiped with ECUs learn your driving style and adapt to it. Almost all cars can be re-taught how you drive by disconnecting the battery overnight. What this does is it resets the ECU (also recommended during changes in the season so it can also re-learn adjust the fuel and air mixture accordingly for the season). After the process, drive how you want the car to respond and it will adapt to that.

And by the way, Butt-Dynos are useless. Now then, enough of this bashing.

Boy it feels good to have said all that. By the way, "I believe in the Golden Rule — The Man with the Gold . . . Rules."

Mr. T is my hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 04:48 AM   #55
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menotakoala View Post
We've got enough BMW owners forums bashing each others' forums. Let's not let this one be another one of those. The buck stops here.
Exactly, I said this earlier. Slowly I have been noticing this forum going in the direction of the immature E90post forum. I think it has a lot to do with the age of the owners of the 3-series and maybe now the 1-series. There are a lot of young kids on the E90post forum with attitudes.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 06:31 AM   #56
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
LOL! "I can feel the Stage 1"

mkay.. so you have proven that you can post completely useless youtube links...

i can too...

You were supposed to listen to his comments at the end on how the car feels and drives differently. I guess I am asking too much from someone who argues that a product is snake oil yet has never even tried it. Nevermind, that speaks volumes itself as I stated earlier. Some people.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 06:31 AM   #57
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, I said this earlier. Slowly I have been noticing this forum going in the direction of the immature E90post forum. I think it has a lot to do with the age of the owners of the 3-series and maybe now the 1-series. There are a lot of young kids on the E90post forum with attitudes.

+100000000000000000
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 06:39 AM   #58
Rep

Quote:
What is your problem, did I catch you on a bad day, or are you normally like this?

:headbang::headbang:

(he is normally like this)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menotakoala?
Mr. T is my hero.
Yea, i think we figured that out by now..

btw.. you don't need to 'reset' the ECU based off of seasons because it is constantly adapting to barometric pressure and altitude.. Basically air density is all it needs to calculate.. Pretty much the only reason you would need to pull the battery is to clear error codes if you don't have a scan tool or if you are going on a trip...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickone
immature E90post forum
This forum is much better than E90.:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #59
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
You were supposed to listen to his comments at the end on how the car feels and drives differently. I guess I am asking too much from someone who argues that a product is snake oil yet has never even tried it. Nevermind, that speaks volumes itself as I stated earlier. Some people.
Sheesh mom, give me a break.. I listened to the whole thing.. I just thought that bit was funny, thats all. Can't you at least acknowledge that a person who bought a product is going to be a little bit biased?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #60
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Exactly.... and how old are you..?

Listen, your over-excited about a product that isn't needed. You kept mentioning (over-and-over) about how you've had it on your mercedes for years... then went on to how you had slow throttle responses on your 6 BMW's...

But I find it overly ignorant of you to not have known about BMW's adaptive throttle. So ignorant of this fact that you called me WRONG, when I in-fact pointed it out to you that it's mentioned in the owners manual.

Secondly, when you buy a BMW your SA should've went over this feature with you and explained it's benifit.

Owning 6 BMW's... one would think you'd know a tad more about their technology than the "average joe" who purchases them... but the simple fact you've bought a Sprint Booster for a throttle-by-wire BMW illustrates my EXACT point.

Your can own a $70k car and know absolutly jack sh!t about it.

I'm not upset, nor am I trying to be abrasive, but lets remember who's rubuttle consisted of:
Quote:
You flat out don't know what your talking about.

I'm not saying your dumb, just ignorant... meaning offcoarse you had no idea that such technology was in BMW's. It might work for other manufacturers cars (ie Mercedes), but as explained here by many board members... it's snake oil!

I don't know why your so invested in this topic, but your clearly are bordering on fanboi'ism for this product. Or have something to gain by it's popularity. Which leaves me skeptical of your forced miopia and loss of reasoning skills. If you don't believe me... just google it. Then you will know and you won't have to have someone point it to you 5x in the same thread..!

Geesh!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #61
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Enough with the name calling please. Also, please try to treat your fellow 1Addicts with a modicum of respect, even if you have differing opinions. This thread will be shut down if it keeps in this tone.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #62
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sheesh mom, give me a break.. I listened to the whole thing.. I just thought that bit was funny, thats all. Can't you at least acknowledge that a person who bought a product is going to be a little bit biased?
If you listen to the passenger he does not own a Sprint Booster. How can he be biased??? There goes your point out the window. Clearly you were paying attention. Geeez.

Oh and by the way, I just ordered the Sprint Booster for my 135i last night ! That makes 4 Sprint Boosters in 2 years and I love every single one!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #63
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

This thread has grown well beyond discussing the Sprint Booster. Closing it down.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread