BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2022, 11:01 PM   #1
Pjoter1000
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

E87 N34 Engine Problem NOx Errors

Hi! I was scrolling through some threads here and found some really helpful answers on some topics. Maybe you guys can help me with this issue.

BMW SERIES 1 2010, E87, 118i, N34 Engine, 2l petrol.

My car is running very rough on a cold engine. The RPM’s are not stable and the car shakes in idle. When accelerating it jerks, especially in low RPM’s. One time, the car went into emergency mode (I think that’s what you call it) and lost nearly all power. Had to stop and restart the car, then the problem disappeared. During these issues a flashing engine light comes on and again disappears after restarting. Well, until now… Now, the stable (not flashing) engine light is present consistently. The car drives fine if it warms up for about 10 minutes before driving off.

Rarely, the oil pressure light will come on after a few km. this was more frequent just after changing oil in my nearby mechanic. Now I very very rarely see it.

About 2 months ago I did a diagnosis of the car and here are the NOx errors that showed:

29E0
2AF2
2AF4
2AF6
2AF9
30EA

My question is, will deleting the NOx sensor from the computer fix the issues I have? I will I have to replace the sensor?
Appreciate 0