TGIF guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #46
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
And please, remind you that I broke no forum rules, before you go further with your F words.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/annou....php?f=307&a=2
Couple of forum rules:
"1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags."

"3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someone's opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting."
[/I]
(http://www.1addicts.com/forums/annou....php?f=307&a=2)

"Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
- Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language"

http://www.bimmerpost.com/tos.php
And you perfectly know that, apart from those written from rules, there are unwritten good manners rules too.

Of course there is plenty of room and flexibility for humor, criticism, irony, cynism, sarcasm, doubtful taste, tough talk, etc. (look who's talking ), but expect disapproval of the community regarding ad hominem attacks (even if you might consider that the merits of the point of view of someone are clearly ill-founded).

Now read again your post, in Chinese, about BJ1M ("All I can say is that you're a bad person" - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=2). That was no serene way of expressing your point of view (style and contents), don't you think so ?
      07-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #47
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation Let's get back on Topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
This has been going on for a good # of posts (both sides) and I get it.... in the spirit of brotherhood and fellow 1Addicts, could we put this behind us and get the thread back on track?
+1! Yes!!

Now.. lets get back on topic or do not post at all. You are free to PM what you think privately, but lets not go to war over this. I can and will start handing out infractions.

The OP photo that Mr.Metak re-posted does seem to suggest something not on the up and up here. I have to ask myself why would someone go to all that trouble. ?

Dack

Last edited by Dackelone; 07-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Let's get back on Topic!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #48
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
@artemis @dackelone

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #49
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Couple of forum rules:
"1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags."

"3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someone's opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting."
[/I]
(http://www.1addicts.com/forums/annou....php?f=307&a=2)

"Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
- Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language"

http://www.bimmerpost.com/tos.php
And you perfectly know that, apart from those written from rules, there are unwritten good manners rules too.

Of course there is plenty of room and flexibility for humor, criticism, irony, cynism, sarcasm, doubtful taste, tough talk, etc. (look who's talking ), but expect disapproval of the community regarding ad hominem attacks (even if you might consider that the merits of the point of view of someone are clearly ill-founded).

Now read again your post, in Chinese, about BJ1M ("All I can say is that you're a bad person" - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=2). That was no serene way of expressing your point of view (style and contents), don't you think so ?
no, 人品不好 is a common way in chinese to say you have bad karma, and most often is treated as a joke.

if he took it wrong, i apologize, but we use that often. translators don't translate slangs very well.
      07-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #50
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Again, I was just trying to get back on topic with the picture in question. I wasn't 'coming at you. Nor did I call you any names or attack you personally. You seem to be ignoring what I am typing. It is rude in ANY language. And forum rules state to be respectful of other as though you were standing in front of them. Would you carry on a conversation in front of other car enthusiast in person knowing they can not speak Mandarin? I hope not because that would be disrespectful and rude. It's no different on a forum. Suggesting to other to "join in or ignore it"(the conversation taking place in another language) shows you are oblivious to that fact!
maybe i misunderstood what you're saying. I apologize.

But what I'm trying to say is - why are some other languages allowed, and not chinese? there's pleinty of posts with other languages half way in the middle, and this is just the first one being called "rude" on.

With the amount of hostility towards china and made in china, I'm sorry, I can't help but be sensitive to this matter.

And to Dack, I have yet seen you say others being rude in those situations.

I'm not challenging his authority. I said, if what I'm saying is considered bannable, go right ahead. I'm not disrespecting anyone, all I'm asking is why, and equality.
Now, perhaps the only difference being was that we started a conversation in chinese right on the 2nd post. But hey, "ich spreche Deutsch" to me is no different to "我讲中文“ to you. Both ways, google can translate it. Is it rude to me that others speak a different language? I never thought of it that way, I use Chrome to auto translate.

07-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #51
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep

btw

OP deleted his post because there was a 99% similar post posted by another member, they were linking the pictures from the same chinese car forum. He deleted this one and went to post in the other.
      07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #52
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
btw

OP deleted his post because there was a 99% similar post posted by another member, they were linking the pictures from the same chinese car forum. He deleted this one and went to post in the other.
Link please, to this forum you are mentioning.....the pictures were attached not linked.

Want to see original link to Chinese forum! Thanks!
      07-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #53
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Link please, to this forum you are mentioning.....the pictures were attached not linked.

Want to see original link to Chinese forum! Thanks!
http://www.xcar.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=17690976

his deleted post had the watermarks from that forum... the other post didn't. (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711749)
      07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep

here's a better pic
http://image.xcar.com.cn/album/20120...wtozNhYv9d.jpg

he drilled the other holes
      07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep

btw in case you don't understand that post, and that translator tells you they're talking about "Chrysanthemum" or "mums"

chinese slang refers to "ass holes" as mum flowers (because they look the same? I dunno), and exhaust pipes r often referred to as "ass holes", and hence.

but just for kicks, that's what it means.
      07-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #56
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Okay, now back on topic.

For the record, below are the 5 pictures featuring in the thread of Chinese website you indicated. Thanks for the reference:

Name:  Exhaust_01.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  114.7 KB
Name:  Exhaust_02.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  95.6 KB
Name:  Exhaust_03.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  81.4 KB
Name:  Exhaust_04.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  30.3 KB
Name:  Exhaust_05.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  83.9 KB
      07-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #57
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

These pictures got me thinking... so I looked up the rear exhaust on RealOEM.com...

and low and behold... China DOES get a special different rear exhaust muffler! National China version...

China exhaust muffler #18107847100
EU/RoW spec muffler #18107845402

Name:  1M_rear_muffler.png
Views: 881
Size:  33.8 KB

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...32&hg=18&fg=20

The curious thing is how can the 1M muffler/can pass Swiss noise regs while not pass Chinese ones!?!?

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #58
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
why this 'smoking gun' picture with the restrictive 4 holes was edited?????
To get a better idea, I flipped picture #4 and performed an overlay with picture #5.

Picture #5 is definitely the original one. Picture #4 definitely is picture #5 with four additionally drilled holes 'photoshopped away' (the photo fragment used to copy/paste - probably with Microsoft Paint software - the four additionally drilled holes, still features by mistake in the corner of the picture). Watermark is at the other side and corner because of the picture flipping.

Conclusive evidence that picture #4 is unreliable. Why did they toy with the original picture ? By doing so, credibility was compromised.

Name:  Exhaust_04b.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  22.6 KBName:  Exhaust_05b.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  24.2 KB
      07-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #59
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
why the need to photoshop the picture then?
FWIW here's the photoshopped picture versus the original picture:
(source: http://www.xcar.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=17690976)

Name:  Exhaust_04b.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  22.6 KBName:  Exhaust_05b.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  24.2 KB
      07-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #60
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
FWIW here's the photoshopped picture versus the original picture:
(source: http://www.xcar.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=17690976)
I saw that. But closer examination shows that I am absolutely correct in the photo shop assertion. The same drill marks are present in both pictures(and they are the same exact picture). Someone flipped the picture then covered up the drill holes by doing a poor PS cut/paste. It does look like the restrictive plate is on these mufflers but credibility is lost as soon as you start covering up and altering photos, IMNSHO.

Name:  drillmarks.JPG
Views: 721
Size:  47.6 KB
      07-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #61
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I suspect the explanation is really quite innocent.

Perhaps they failed to take a "before" picture and, belatedly, sought to show what it orginally looked like.

In any case, it would appear that the suggestion of mischief and skullduggery was misfounded.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #62
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Can we somehow merge these two threads so I don't have to respond to the same posts twice? Good find Dack! And yes Artemis, I agreed with you in the other thread....
      07-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #63
phrenetiK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+1. Mr.Metak2you - it is rude posting in a language that 99% of us do not understand. phrenetiK and others please post in English.

Thanks,
Dack
sorry i was just joking around. all i did was copy paste something from earlier in the thread, making a joke at the fact that we had no idea what they were saying.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #64
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
I suspect the explanation is really quite innocent.

Perhaps they failed to take a "before" picture and, belatedly, sought to show what it orginally looked like.

In any case, it would appear that the suggestion of mischief and skullduggery was misfounded.

Neil
I agree Neil, it probably was exactly the scenario you suggest, but when someone comes here claiming the 1M quads are 'fakes' and presents a PS altered pic(which is all I was suggesting), it just can't be taken as seriously. You can Monday morning quarterback now that we have more information but it took a week of BS back and forth to get to the bottom of it.
      07-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #65
phrenetiK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
You need to stop posting in Chinese. This is an English forum. It is both rude and makes it difficult to communicate with 99% of people here. I myself got warnings in the past for posting in Serbian and Ukrainian in the past. Just saying.....
i copy pasted someone...making a joke at your exact point....jeez -_-
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #66
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenetiK View Post
i copy pasted someone...making a joke at your exact point....jeez -_-

Jeez... next time use a ---> or so we know you are kidding.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread