BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Stoners Tarminator- Good Stuff

I had a big, dried blob of tree sap on the hood of my daily driver (2008 CTS). Nothing touched it, it was like glue. I broke out the Tarminator and sprayed some directly on the blob to start breaking it down (let it sit for 60 seconds, then repeat). I then sprayed some on my MF and lightly rubbed it. The Tarminator broke down the tree sap and literally dissolved it. I don't use it often, but when it's needed it comes in very handy!

It also works good for getting tar off the lower portions of you car.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
I had a big, dried blob of tree sap on the hood of my daily driver (2008 CTS). Nothing touched it, it was like glue. I broke out the Tarminator and sprayed some directly on the blob to start breaking it down (let it sit for 60 seconds, then repeat). I then sprayed some on my MF and lightly rubbed it. The Tarminator broke down the tree sap and literally dissolved it. I don't use it often, but when it's needed it comes in very handy!

It also works good for getting tar off the lower portions of you car.
I think this is an absolute must have product. The Stoner Tarminator helps get rid of sap, tar, bug smear far easier than almost any other product I have used. It saves me from scrubbing the surface excessively and possibly adding more swirls and fine scratches in the process. Best of all it's safe to use on the clear coat of your vehicle so there are no ill effects after.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I know their Invisible Glass cleaner is superb!

Looks like really good products come from stoners...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Along with Tarminator, http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html This scrubber works amazingly. Used it for my GTI many times, not one scratch, removes any bug shit or anything from the paint after soaking with tarminator for a minute.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Along with Tarminator, http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html This scrubber works amazingly. Used it for my GTI many times, not one scratch, removes any bug shit or anything from the paint after soaking with tarminator for a minute.
We used to carry a very similar product but we later had to drop it after some further testing. It removes the bug splats really well, it was just to prone to marring the paint even when we were careful. It's relatively coarse and even when we soaked it in warm soapy water and used it with care we could not use it consistently without marring. If you are in the right lighting you will likely see these imperfections.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well sry to hear that, but ive used it many times and closely inspected after with ZERO imperfections..so I dunno, maybe urs was a diff make or used wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Interesting product (bug sponge)

I'd probably stick to lighter colors if I were to use it, and only prior to polishing. On others, after soaking with Tarminator, soak a MF towel and rub with that, should do the trick!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

I have Tarminator in my arsenal, too, and I've gotten good results with it. I gotta believe that the solvents in it not only dissolve tar and tree sap, they also would get rid of whatever wax or sealant you have on the car.

After any Tarminator usage (after trying clay first), I will re-apply my wax or sealant to that panel of the car.

I like Invisible Glass, too, though the spray cans seem to spray the stuff all over the place. For those who were able to buy it in a pump bottle, where did you get it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

It's funny how these STONER's make such great stuff.

I guess getting stoned pays off for somebody...J/K
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #10
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMoe53 View Post
I have Tarminator in my arsenal, too, and I've gotten good results with it. I gotta believe that the solvents in it not only dissolve tar and tree sap, they also would get rid of whatever wax or sealant you have on the car.

After any Tarminator usage (after trying clay first), I will re-apply my wax or sealant to that panel of the car.

I like Invisible Glass, too, though the spray cans seem to spray the stuff all over the place. For those who were able to buy it in a pump bottle, where did you get it?
I like the spray much better. If it is a problem, like say inside the car cuz it gets everywhere. Just spray one side of your MF towel and wipe, then re-wipe with the opposite dry side of the towel, etc. No mess.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMoe53 View Post

Absolutely, it strips wax/LSP. You're right to reapply it after using the Tarminator.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0