BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
valhalla
Rep
Drives:

How many comfort access remotes do u get?

Looking through the BMW web site I do not see that it tells you. I would think at least two? Also would it automatically set seat position etc... when you touch the door handle?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
bimmernet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335Ci

Cofort Access Remotes per car?

Two.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
bimmernet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335Ci

Sorry, I mised the "seat position" part of your questions.

It should if you ask for the personalization options to be set when you pick-up your new car. Not sure about other dealers but the one I worked for in the Bay Area would give you one free personalization set-up (done by a Tech in the Service Area with a Diagnotics Computer). Each BMW has a set of vaiables like daytime auto locking on drive away, that can be set. Which ones the 1 Series offers I don't know.

If you want to get those things done, talk to your Advisor before your car comes in so that they can give you the prefernce sheet with the things you check you want to have set and you need t sign it so there's no arguments later about which features you wanted changed from their Delivery defaults and they can have it done by the time you come for delivery. Otherwise the Service guys could be booked up when you come in and you would need to come back for an appointment later.

Hope that helps.

Bimmernet
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #4
valhalla
Rep
Drives:

Thanx that does help! We hope to make some final decisions on colors, options etc... , sell our M5 (which has that option based on which key is in the ignition I believe) and set up ED in August. Not sure how that might work but I will talk to our SA ... see what he knows... although this board seems to have the most collective knowledge! Thanx again.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #5
ChesterDog
Private
Rep
Drives:

If you have i-drive, you can set all the options for this through that, including whether to revert to the stored values when you unlock the car, open the door, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #6
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDog View Post
If you have i-drive, you can set all the options for this through that, including whether to revert to the stored values when you unlock the car, open the door, etc.
Thanks ChesterDog. You answered the question I was just going to ask. And thanks for all the sweet pix of your ride!
      03-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
Sherifftruman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

So, if you do not have iDrive, your seat position memory does not work for Comfort Access unless you get teh dealer to program it for you? What are the memory buttons on the seat for? What happens if you want to try a different setting?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #8
Yoot1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

You do not need iDrive to turn on this feature. See page 41 in the owner's manual, "Call-up with remote control".