BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
roberttran
Rep
Drives:

Decisions! Just test drove a 135i

After buying some furniture for my room today, I stopped by a dealership to test drive a 135i. They had a cosmos black 135i manual fully loaded demo car. Wow, this car was amazing. I test drove a 335i a few months ago and I was very disappointed. The 335i felt like a boat. The 135i flew and handled much better.

Coming from a highly modded 1998 328i and restored 1986 528e, it took some getting use to. One complaint is the softness of the pedals. Drive by wire, brake padel, and clutch pedal felt soft and harder to modulate over my e36. The CDV might have caused some of my troubles too. I guess I just have to get use to it. The brakes are amazing I must add.

I spoke with a "client advisor" and I think he was giving me some BS since he was pressuring me to put my name down for an order. He told me that they have no idea how many 1ers are coming to the states and that he thinks they are going to end orders for MY2008 in mid May. He also said that they weren't doing European Delivery for this car yet since it was so new. The Dealer doesn't make any money off of ED right? He also said that the BMWCCA rebate doesn't apply to the 135i either.

I'm kinda torn. I definately want a 135i. Currently I have 2 perfectly working cars that I've dumped tons of money into so I'm not going to sell them at a loss. My younger siblings use my 528e when I don't, so I may make them assume all responsibilities in terms of insurance and maintenance. I'm also worried about a first year BMW in the states. They always seem to find little problems here and there that they fix the second year.

Anyone know if BMW Financial has released financing rates for the 135i yet? Also, what kind of down payment do they expect?
Appreciate 0