BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
new128
First BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

Site for Old OE Wheels

If you want a new custom wheel, there are many sites available. But, what if you want an original equipment wheel for those snow tires?
I wanted to put snow tires on the Acura RSX that I gave to my wife when I bought the 128. But, I wanted the same OE wheels. I finally found a site that reconditions wheels - hubcaphaven.com. This site has evidently been in business forever - originally starting as a hubcap site.
They offer OE wheels as "used", where condition can't be guaranteed. But, they also offer "reconditioned" wheels, which are guaranteed to be true and able to be balanced, with a guaranteed return policy if your not satisfied.
I bought OE wheels for the RSX and had the snow tires from Tirerack, mounted and balanced at one of Tirerack's installers. The wheels looked brand new (they completely strip the wheel and reapply all the paint and clear coat like the original). The installer thought they were new and had no problem with the balancing.
They are now on the car with no problems.
The dealer cost of this wheel is $485 - the reconditioned was $140.

(The price for the OE 128 wheel, for the Sport package (listed as for 08-09, but looks just like the 2011 wheel) is $160.)
Appreciate 0