BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Interesting info about leasing and ED.

I have no connection to the leasing firm mentioned below I just wanted to pass on this info for anyone interested in ED. If this violates any posting rules please delete the post.

We receive many requests in regards to leasing a vehicle that is being purchased through a European Delivery Program (ED).

One of the reasons is that the lease rates charged by the manufacturer for these, are usually above the normal rates when a vehicle is leased through the normal dealer channels.

This is troubling as it can negate one of the benefits of ED which is a lower purchase price on the vehicle.

Most banks and independent leasing companies do not offer leasing on ED as the vehicle is not in the States when the lease agreement is signed. The only way around this is to purchase the vehicle with cash and then execute a lease agreement when the vehicle arrives in the States. The problem with this is that you will pay sales tax twice. Once on the purchase and then again on the lease.

One solution is to execute the manufacturer lease at the higher lease rate and when the vehicle arrives in the States, simply re-write the lease with a bank or independent leasing company using a better lease rate.

To help make the re-lease deal even better, LeaseCompare.com is offering a discounted rate to those who are currently leasing through a manufacture lease program.

Here's how it works. When getting instant quotes from LeaseCompare.com, use the code word "euro" in the Ref ID box (under the Lease Offers box) and click on the "small green right arrow" next to it.

Payments will be re-calculated to show your discounted lease rate and lower payments.

From there, select a lease offer and apply for credit. Once approved, LeaseCompare.com will pay off your current lease and re-write a new lease with a lower payment.

You can now take advantage of the discounted pricing of a ED and a discounted lease rate from LeaseCompare.com!
Appreciate 0