BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2018, 12:18 AM   #23
BingoThePyro
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 135i

Alrighty,
Now, provided I coded that all correctly, there are no new errors (per say) but there is no new working items either.

I decided to run an ISTA scan and cleared all errors, then went for a drive round the block, re-ran ista to see if any errors appear/reappear.
I have these two that I may have missed earlier that may lead us somewhere.....
005087 EGS: Hardware, inputs, one-touch function
009520 DSC: Steering column switching centre, multifunction

Am I correct in think there -may- be something wrong with the replacement collar with cruise stalk?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #24
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoThePyro View Post
Alrighty,
Now, provided I coded that all correctly, there are no new errors (per say) but there is no new working items either.

I decided to run an ISTA scan and cleared all errors, then went for a drive round the block, re-ran ista to see if any errors appear/reappear.
I have these two that I may have missed earlier that may lead us somewhere.....
005087 EGS: Hardware, inputs, one-touch function
009520 DSC: Steering column switching centre, multifunction

Am I correct in think there -may- be something wrong with the replacement collar with cruise stalk?
Im starting to think theres something wrong with replacement switch unit. Do you have the part number? That thing is part of the DSC System, if its out of a 4 cylinder it would make sense it doesnt work.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 06:42 PM   #25
BingoThePyro
New Zealand
Rep

I'm going to have to pull it off to get the number.
Going to be out of town till next week so will swap old collar back and make sure everything still works and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #26
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoThePyro View Post
I'm going to have to pull it off to get the number.
Going to be out of town till next week so will swap old collar back and make sure everything still works and go from there.
Yeah mate no worries. I dont check here that often, if i don't respond send me a PM because i get an email for that
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #27
BingoThePyro
New Zealand
Rep

ok, with $544 instead of $540, cruise still worked, but did not display speed in the dash (kombi)

Have put original collar back on, removed $544, fa_write CAS an NFRM, done sg_codeirin on all ECU's, re-cal steering and sensor (via ista+ this time) and the results:
-Steering wheel buttons all work again
-NO reverse camera - there were errors coding the TRSVC. Also shown as missing box in ista+.

COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht TRSVC70
COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht CODIERINDEX_LESEN

It somewhat appears that <maybe> doing a 'code car' broke my TRSVC unit - though I would like some more expert advice on this.

I have uploaded photos of numbers on collars to original link.
Also came across this site: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=61_3088
This appears to have the coding options for the different configurations.
The original collar number appears to be 123 033 and the cruise collar is 123 041.

Summary:
No reverse camera (TRSVC broken somehow?). PDC works fine.
Cruise collar has working cruise, but not steering wheel buttons (but horn does)
Appreciate 0