BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #23
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Who knows....

The buyer might of said, it was a NIGERIAN 1addict WHEELS SCAM
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

In general, it seems that folks don't understand what a 'deposit' means. I have had 'deposits' placed on yard sale stuff, car stuff, mowers, tractors only to have the person come back and ask for the deposit back after I have removed the item from sale. You get a deposit at 9AM at a yard sale on a lawnmower and put it back in the garage because it's not for sale. Then, at 5PM the guy shows up wanting his $25 back... has no idea and calls 911 on his phone. I get to keep the $25 because now I have to find a way to sell a single lawnmower that most likely would have sold had it not been spoken for.

People - some people - seem to think a deposit is just a demonstration of intent. It is not. It is a contract. But, like the OP, sometimes it's easier to 'settle out of court' especially in my case since now the guy knows where I live

So of course I gave the money back. It was the right thing to do long term, the wrong thing short term.