BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2020, 04:45 PM   #23
Thunderguts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Popov View Post
What shocks are you running with the BMWP springs?

Edit: just saw your signature, please ignore lol
I scoured the entire shock body looking for any kind of manufacturer's stamp, but found nothing. I assume it's a Bilstein and not a Sachs. I definitely love them for city/daily driving regardless. They might be okay for an occasional track day, but definitely not up to competition usage.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, BMWP carbon spoiler, and soon...BMWP big brakes. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 225 square setup.

So much fun to drive this car!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #24
Papa Popov
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
I scoured the entire shock body looking for any kind of manufacturer's stamp, but found nothing. I assume it's a Bilstein and not a Sachs. I definitely love them for city/daily driving regardless. They might be okay for an occasional track day, but definitely not up to competition usage.
I appreciate the info. That is the kind of set up I'm after. My car is primarily for daily driving, but with some backroads and a bit of AutoX thrown in. If I could manage to find the kit I'm sure it would be ridiculously expensive compared to other options unfortunately.

I was about to pull the trigger on some B6s to run with the stock M-sport springs, but now I'm considering going with B8s just in case I end up picking up the BMWP springs later on.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 07:02 PM   #25
HP Autosport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
The Konis will definitely improve body control especially over tired/old OEM shocks. The spring upgrades will provide you with further ride stiffness and lower height, really depends what you are after. I would also suggest refreshing/replacing all rubber parts like spring pads, strut mounts etc while you are in there - the overall costs are not high and you can get most of the parts in a package. ECS Tuning for example sells such a kit.
When upgrading to Koni's, make sure you get the externally adjustable rears so you don't need to remove the rear shocks for damping adjustment.
Appreciate 1
asbrr328.00