BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
G5Ti
Purveyor of fine roads.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

Kelly BMW in Columbus, OH - great experience

So far, my dealings with Kelly BMW have been absolutely perfect. Bill Reifsteck is the guy to talk to if you're in the area. I drove the 128 and 135 each probably 3-4 times as well as a 328 to compare, and he never grew tired of my questions or inquiries.

My family has long been involved with Kelly (even back to when it was Mid-Ohio Imports), and they've always been fantastic. Their service department is also second to none (Gordon is the man!). After you've been to their dealer, you'll seriously question why other customer service businesses don't go to Kelly to train their employees.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Glad to hear you had a great sales experience there because I sure didn't. I stopped by last October to talk about the 1er and drive a 335 to experience the engine and they showed absolutely no interest in selling me a car. In fact they directed me down to used car sales to drive one and said I should just act like I'm interested in buying the one they had on the lot. I pretty much forced my name and address on them when car information became available and they didn't call till mid-March when the cars started showing up, by then I had already ordered from MAG.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
G5Ti
Purveyor of fine roads.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

I'm really surprised you've had such a negative experience. I've been to MAG many times and have had to practically beg for someone to come out of their little hidden cubicles. It's nice to be able to view their inventory without being bombarded, but when you have a question, it's nearly impossible to talk to a person there.

I also find their service department to be less accommodating and professional than Kelly's, but I suppose things like that always boil down to personal experience.

To give Kelly BMW further props, my CA has been exceptional at keeping me informed every step of the way. He has always beat the 1800# and website at updating me on the status of my order and has gone above and beyond the call of duty to answer my 6 billion pre- and post-sale questions.
      04-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

My experience with MAG was not really great. Before starting a test drive, sales consultant informed me 'this needs to be quick one'. Such stupid, negative comment to start with a potential buyer.

On the other hand, I had great experience with Kelly at all stages of my sales experience. Esp. Bill Reifsteck. He is a great guy. If you are really looking for a car to buy, just go there. I do not think you will be disappointed. Kelly rocks for now. fyi. I am still waiting for my bmw, it is on order. I will keep this post updated with further experiences.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
mr29
Rep
Drives: 4door

hmm interesting experiences
Appreciate 0