02-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
richrich121
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2022 M3 (soon!)

1m Service Shop San Francisco

Hi All,

Just picked up a car I never thought id get to own, a VO 1M with 28k, I'm loving it and it is by far the best M car i've owned (e39M5,e46M3). It looks like it needs some minor service, oil change and break fluid. Does anyone have any service shops they recommend in the bay area. Also what is the appropriate service schedule for the 1M? Is it just service 1/2 every 15/30k?

Thanks!
Richard
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
balloonsalesman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M BSM

I know of Phaedrus BMW in Nob Hill (Jackson street), they do regular service/maintenance and have great reviews. I haven't had any service done there, but there is a small detailing business in the lower level that I tried out, and had a chance to check out the garage upstair. Clean space and seem to be well organized and knowledgable.

Of course I can't confirm since I haven't had work done, but it's worth checking out.

I just had my clutch/flywheel replaced at Performance Technic in Dublin. If you're ok with driving 45min outside SF, they are amazing.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Win
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Kenny Lew @ Peter Pan was awesome when I was still in Bay Area with my 1M. He had a few M cars including a 1M so he made sure it was done right.

I've since moved out of state and the Penske dealer I go to now doesn't come close to the service I received at Peter Pan.

You need an "M" guy trust me. I f'n HATE dealing with loser techs that aren't as passionate for your car (fake) or know less than you.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #4
balloonsalesman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win View Post
Kenny Lew @ Peter Pan was awesome when I was still in Bay Area with my 1M. He had a few M cars including a 1M so he made sure it was done right.

I've since moved out of state and the Penske dealer I go to now doesn't come close to the service I received at Peter Pan.

You need an "M" guy trust me. I f'n HATE dealing with loser techs that aren't as passionate for your car (fake) or know less than you.
+1 to the "M" guy comment
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

BMW of San Rafael. Service Manager " Tommy" is senior guy there and handles our X5M and my 1M. He knows the cars well. They have M trained techs there as they are a M certified service dealer. Make sure you request an M tech.

That's what I do and have had no issues at all and verify all invoices after...never seen anything that was done incorrectly....I have not taken the independent route yet. (Be very careful with SF BMW..it's convenient but less than stellar in my experience.)

Good luck!

Shroom
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
richrich121
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2022 M3 (soon!)

Awesome, that sounds good. I might try Phaedrus BMW as they're independent and in the city. Otherwise Peter Pan sounds great.

Totally agree you need an M guy otherwise its not the same
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #7
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win View Post

That's interesting. I take my 1M to the BMW of North Scottsdale and have found that my service manager, AJ, to be the best I've ever dealt with of any dealer. He's given my lots of freebies which has helped. My boss took his 335D over to Babbit and they quoted him $5,000 for a repair. BMW of North Scottsdale performed the work for free under some random TSB that came out - and the problem wasn't even what Babbit said it was.

If you have a white 1M i think you drive near my house every now and then (I'm sort of near Indian Bend and Hayden).
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #8
4thM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp. Alp. White

1M BMW SF service

I have taken all of my BMWs (2002ti, e30 M3, e36 M3, e46 M3 and my 1M to Phaedrus in SF for over 25 yrs. Dale and John are extremely good to work with. They are fair, helpful and care about the cars and customers they service. A+ in my book. They have helped me with some performance upgrades but that is not their focus.

They also offer a discount to BMWCCA members.

Tell me David I. sent you.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 02:18 AM   #9
rick propas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M-Valencia

When I worked in the City some years ago, Phaedrus did some work on my 2002 and the experience was very good. Assuming the same folks (as someone has suggested) you should not go wrong with them.
Appreciate 0