BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
Kikster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011- 128i

Smile New Car! 2011-BMW 128i- Project

Ok I know many of you might have seen this all before and may not really care but I just got a base 128i. It's in perfect condition, didn't get a 135i because I wanted the BMW N/A feel, I've always loved the e46 M3 (I'm 21 so the e46 is a childhood dream) and ever since the 1m and 1 series came out I felt as if it was the real successor to the e46. Could have gotten an e46 but all I could find were high milage and SMG so I opted for the 1ner.

My car:
BMW-128-2011
N52 Engine
Base Coupe- Saphire Black/Red Interior

My project with the car is not to make it compete with an e92 M3 or an M4, I want to keep it N/A and make it as close as posible to an e46 M3. How will I do that? With time, and a bit of money. My car weighs in at 3,250lbs I need to get that down and the first posible mods will be concerning that and looks, after weight reduction i'll begin power mods and handling.

Posible Mods:

Weight/looks
-Carbon Fiber hood and trunk (weight reduction bro)
-Lighter/wider wheels and tires(also better handling with this)
-Lighter Performance seats (red Interior)
-Angel Eyes headlights (I just need them in my life)
-Carbon Fiber trunk lid spoiler (does nothing, looks cool)

Engine:
-Carbon Fiber Air intake
-Permormance Exhaust
-Active Autowerke Headers
-Active Autowerke N52 Tune
(for now) *I'm not expecting to get 330hp from this but at least 270hp would be sufficient for my driving (freeway and mountain roads plus some track days a year)

Handling:
-Brake Upgrade (still looking into what is the best/cheapest setup for this car)
-Front Rear Strut Bar
-Lowering Springs (can't justify coilovers/as you can see I'm trying to keep things as cheap as posible without screwing ups the car)

This is what I expect for now, I know it might seem like I'm a bit all over the place but it is like a rough draft of what I want, I reckon while I'm building it I'll get a clearer picture of what the car should be.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
mechavore884
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the fat mobile

personally your power is solely going to come from the 3stage manifold and header

and while im at ita good set of pads (and rotors probably) will give you alllll the braking goodness youll need
6MT/CDV Delete/Injen Intake/berk race exhaust/ Cyba Scoops/ECS cryo rotors/Axxis ultimate pads/H&R coils/BBS LM-esque lol/BMW PE front/whiteline sway/and did i mention 2200 at 1 ohm ...eyeing the auto diff currently
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Kikster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011- 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechavore884 View Post
personally your power is solely going to come from the 3stage manifold and header

and while im at ita good set of pads (and rotors probably) will give you alllll the braking goodness youll need
Thanks man! Yeah I know I'm not gonna get huge HP and torque gains but if I am around the same power to weight as an e46 then I'll get the bragging rights to say that. hahaha
Since this is my only car and I am on a low budget (still studying/working) it's gonna take a long time before I finish my vision for it, but I just hope I'm not sounding like a crazy person wanting that out of a 128i... work with what you got right?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
mechavore884
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the fat mobile

HAHAHA maaaaaaaaaaaan I understand far too well, but in my case once I source a DISA manifold and tune that will be the end or struggling for power for these LOL
6MT/CDV Delete/Injen Intake/berk race exhaust/ Cyba Scoops/ECS cryo rotors/Axxis ultimate pads/H&R coils/BBS LM-esque lol/BMW PE front/whiteline sway/and did i mention 2200 at 1 ohm ...eyeing the auto diff currently
Appreciate 0