BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
masetcp
Private
Rep
Drives: evo

Drivers side indoor door handle

Really weird, so I got a car detail and when I got my 09 135 back everything was fine, but now usually when I open the door I have to pull the indoor door handle twice to open it. Now I have to do various things to open up the door:

1. Pull really hard on the handle to unlock the door then a second time to open it. shouldn't be stiff at all to pull

2. unlock the car first then open the door and sometime the door wont even open it unless I open the door from the outside

It was doing this all day yesterday. Any suggestions at what I should look into? Thank you all for your help. Really don't want to take it to the dealership, because if they can do it, so can I just need someone to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Sounds like your preferences were somehow reset. Use the BC and check.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #3
instroke
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 135i coupe

bringing back some life to this - but anyone know of any fixes for this?

I am having the same to open my doors, a second pull is required - and having some closing issues in cold winter days.
Appreciate 0