BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

H7 LED bulbs

Anyone with any experience with replacing halogen H7's with LED H7's? I'm really thinking just the high beam/DRLs to get rid of the present yellowish DRLs.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #2
golfer23rm
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 125i E82 Bluewater

do research. the problem of led is where the leds are located on the bulb and how they sit in the headlight housing. They may look brighter but if the leds aren't located correctly then you are not getting light to where you need to. light is shining up or down but not to the reflectors or forward, etc. to your eye its brighter, but in application you are just fooling yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
blackberryq10android
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i 2009 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Anyone with any experience with replacing halogen H7's with LED H7's? I'm really thinking just the high beam/DRLs to get rid of the present yellowish DRLs.
Hey I don't understand the guy who posted above me. Leds are always stronger than halogens when voltage is the same. I popped in leds in to replace fog light lights and low beams the look is amazing and you will have 3-4 times greater visibility. Lasfit brand works great and looks luxurious and of high quality. You won't regret the look or purchase (very cheap like 30-40 per set).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:21 AM   #4
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberryq10android View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
Hey I don't understand the guy who posted above me. Leds are always stronger than halogens when voltage is the same. I popped in leds in to replace fog light lights and low beams the look is amazing and you will have 3-4 times greater visibility. Lasfit brand works great and looks luxurious and of high quality. You won't regret the look or purchase (very cheap like 30-40 per set).
I dont understand the guy above me. Lol

You mean watts or amps, volts is like saying the frequency but doesn't tell you anything about the power consumption.

LEDs don't have great penetrating powers the scatter light well but not at large distances. They may look brighter but are not always.

I have light blue LED fogs, I don't think they're as bright at distance compared to the halogens but they look 50% cooler for sure.

M
Appreciate 0