BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

Question Tune2air Troubleshooting iOS 14

I purchased my Tune2Air November 2017, since then it's pretty much always been plugged into my 135. After the new update my phone is not connecting to the Tune2Air and I noticed the lights don't always show on the adapter. Could it be that the module died after 3 years or should I try something else.

Possibly unrelated; purchased a new usb car charger from Anker that gets really hot, only noticed when I pulled it out from the port which sits directly below the usb/aux plug ins.

Any advice appreciated, it's been a couple days without my tunes and I am losing my sanity.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
I purchased my Tune2Air November 2017, since then it's pretty much always been plugged into my 135. After the new update my phone is not connecting to the Tune2Air and I noticed the lights don't always show on the adapter. Could it be that the module died after 3 years or should I try something else.

Possibly unrelated; purchased a new usb car charger from Anker that gets really hot, only noticed when I pulled it out from the port which sits directly below the usb/aux plug ins.

Any advice appreciated, it's been a couple days without my tunes and I am losing my sanity.
I haven't had any issues with mine. Been on iOS 14 (beta) since July.

Maybe try forgetting the device and reconnecting?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 03:39 AM   #3
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Popov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post

I haven't had any issues with mine. Been on iOS 14 (beta) since July.

Maybe try forgetting the device and reconnecting?
I haven't noticed any problems with mine. I've been on iOS 14 for a while. I have in both my 135 & wife's mini.

Try forgetting it on the phone. Unplugging it from the car and the set it up again.